Burgh Castle Yacht Station

quo vadis

Has any body got any pics of Burgh Castle Yacht Station, it was run by two men Wilfred Beck and David Martin, when I was young I used to work there Saturday mornings to start with filling up fuel and water, then in the summer holidays spent all my time in the day working there and would then work in the Fishermans bar and restaurant till it was time to cycle back home to Gorleston. Their boats were advertised in the Blakes catalogue and all began with Burgh ie Burgh Princess, Queen,

Countess, Duke, Prince I cannot recall the rest. Any pics or info I would really enjoy raeding.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Was that the same company as Breydon marine, or were they two different companies?. I can easily remember the boats from Breydon marine, most were called Lady something. Lady Caron, Lady Doreen Lady Pamela, and then they built some steel fwd drives very similar to the Bounty Buccaneer range. They also built a few that were the same as the old Lady caron class, but with a trawler style fixed centre weelhouse. I saw one of these on the Trent in late 2008, and she was very low at the stern, possibly filling up with water. I also remember seeing one at the Waveney river centre which had been all done up and looked very nice. Anybody else know what happened to there boats?. Regards to all........................Neil.

• 3 weeks later...
I used to work there Saturday mornings to start with filling up fuel and water, then in the summer holidays spent all my time in the day working there and would then work in the Fishermans bar and restaurant till it was time to cycle back home to Gorleston. .

Hiya

I was talking to my Mother about the Yacht Station as she lived and worked there. My Uncle did his apprenticeship there as well - when were you there ?

Wayne

• 11 years later...
On 22/02/2010 at 16:47, quo vadis said:

Has any body got any pics of Burgh Castle Yacht Station, it was run by two men Wilfred Beck and David Martin, when I was young I used to work there Saturday mornings to start with filling up fuel and water, then in the summer holidays spent all my time in the day working there and would then work in the Fishermans bar and restaurant till it was time to cycle back home to Gorleston. Their boats were advertised in the Blakes catalogue and all began with Burgh ie Burgh Princess, Queen,

Countess, Duke, Prince I cannot recall the rest. Any pics or info I would really enjoy raeding.

Eleven years waiting for a reply quo vadis, you have a very good memory! I am David’s son Christian and I used to love visiting Dad at work as a toddler. If I come across any photos I will be sure to share

• Like 2