Hemsby Lifeboat Herring Festival

JennyMorgan

Took my wife out for lunch today, fried herring and an icecream at Hemsby, all in aid of the lifeboat. What a perfect day, the sun shone, the breeze was balmy & the herring cooked to perfection. Those lads and lasses have some serious kit when it comes to rescuing those of us who need help and it costs money to maintain! Beyond that folk were clearly enjoying themselves. Not long now until the Gt Yarmouth Maritime Festival, good job that my wife & I enjoy herrings as I suspect that the Hemsby L/B crew will be there too. 

P8271698.JPG

P8271701.JPG

P8271700.JPG

P8271702.JPG

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HemsbyPie said:

After 7 hours of standing at the bar (serving, not drinking unfortunately) I can safely say my feet are ruined :4_joy:

I was tempted to take a photograph of the bar staff but the pain in your feet showed in your faces! Not drinking, surely not.

(Actually the lighting under the awning was crap so no snap!)

Great day, congratulations to all of the team, hope that you made loads of dosh.

12 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

I was tempted to take a photograph of the bar staff but the pain in your feet showed in your faces! Not drinking, surely not.

(Actually the lighting under the awning was crap so no snap!)

Great day, congratulations to all of the team, hope that you made loads of dosh.

Yeah they always put us ugly ones out of sight in the pooy lit tents :216_pig: luckily for us that means testing the beer when we change the barrels over :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

It was a great day, we were out on a call-out until 2am both Saturday and sunday morning, not to mention 2 call-outs during the day on Friday, so the crew was already nackered before we even started!

Despite that we made about 30% more than we ever have during the Herring Festival thanks to the public (and in part the beautiful weather we had yesterday!!)

• Like 3