Average Beer Prices

Labrador

Thanks Lab, very interesting. Should mention the Good Pub Guide takes payment for entries, Good Beer Guide (CAMRA) does not. 

However figures look about right. My statistics are a bit rusty but suspect this is the mean. 

For example up here in flat cap land I typically pay around 3 to 3.20 for real ale. Huddersfield you would typically pay 2.80. 

On the Broads I expect to pay upwards of 4 quid although many pubs in Norwich are less. Worth noting also that keg (including lager) is usually pricier than real ale. Also some of the very trendy strong so called craft beers can have eye watering prices. 

The old Wetherspoons chestnut will doubtless come up. But don't forget they will contract with the likes of Greene King and Molson Coors to buy in vast quantities and hence the low price. You don't get so much choice in spoons. 

The superb Caxton Club in Beccles is still very reasonable :default_beerchug:

Also please don't knock pubs tied to the likes of Punch and Enterprise (Ei) they have to pay nearly double for their beer as well as crippling business rates. 

But all this said, personally I will continue to drink in pubs, I never drink at home or on the boat. :default_beerchug:

I'd rather pay 4 quid for a pint of Ghost Ship over a pack of John Smiths any day :default_norty:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Thanks Lab, very interesting. Should mention the Good Pub Guide takes payment for entries, Good Beer Guide (CAMRA) does not. 

And hundreds of pubs won't and don't pay to be in there, Howard. Particularly in my home county of Lincolnshire and I'd think most pubs "Oop North" where prices are much as you mention around your area.   :default_beerchug:

• Like 1