Flood Warning Rivers Yare And Waveney

Warning issued by EA for the rivers yare and waveney high tide tonight at brundall approximately 8pm , that said looking at the graphs it shouldn't be too bad hopefully but probably the morning tide will be the worst  , take care peeps .

Hi Richardo. We've had flood warnings for both Yare and Waveney. Tomorrows morning tide seems to be the higher tide referred to in the warnings. Just hope my lawnmower at St Olaves doesn't get flooded again. I can't get there until tomorrow afternoon:facepalm:.

Lowestoft tide is a little high but not excessive but if the morning tide goes over 3m we could have problems.

Colin:default_drinks:

From the EA ....
Isolated low lying properties along the tidal River Waveney
This message has been issued because we are expecting high water levels due to the natural tide locking caused by high waters at Great Yarmouth, which is restricting the normal drainage out to sea of the Broads system at low tide. High levels in the Broads may last all day until the high tides have passed. High water is due at Lowestoft at 5:30am on Sunday 29th October 2017. The detailed forecast for those that use it is for a peak level of 2.01mAODN, which is 1.51m above tide tables. The wind forecast is Force 7, North North West (mAODN means height above average sea level, for more info refer to local tide tables). Levels can take several hours to peak in the Broads in response to incoming tidal waters. Remain vigilant. Areas most at risk are in St Olaves, Somerleyton, Burgh St Peter, Oulton Broad and Beccles. Roads likely to be affected include Beccles Road at St Olaves, Geldeston Lock Lane, Gillingham Dam and Fen Lane in Beccles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverside properties along the tidal River Yare including Cantley, Brundall and Reedham
This message has been issued because we are expecting high water levels due to the natural tide locking caused by high waters at Great Yarmouth, which is restricting the normal drainage out to sea of the Broads system at low tide. High levels in the Broads may last all day until the high tides have passed. High water is due at Lowestoft at 5:30am on Sunday 29 October 2017. The detailed forecast for those that use it is for a peak level of 2.01mAODN, which is 1.51m above tide tables. The wind forecast is Force 7, North North West. (mAODN means height above average sea level, for more info refer to local tide tables). Levels can take several hours to peak in the Broads in response to incoming tidal waters. Remain vigilant. Areas most at risk are in Reedham, Cantley and Brundall. Roads affected include Ferry Road in Reedham, the A47 and the railway line between Reedham and Brundall.

The tidal River Waveney from Ellingham to Breydon Water
This message has been issued because we are expecting high water levels due to the natural tide locking caused by high waters at Great Yarmouth, which is restricting the normal drainage out to sea of the Broads system at low tide. High levels in the Broads may last all day until the high tides have passed. High water is due at Lowestoft at 5:30am on Sunday 29th October 2017. The detailed forecast for those that use it is for a peak level of 2.01mAODN, which is 1.51m above tide tables. The wind forecast is Force 7, North North West. (mAODN means height above average sea level, for more info refer to local tide tables). Levels can take several hours to peak in the Broads in response to incoming tidal waters. Remain vigilant.

The tidal River Yare, from Thorpe St Andrew to Breydon Water
This message has been issued because we are expecting high water levels due to the natural tide locking caused by high waters at Great Yarmouth, which is restricting the normal drainage out to sea of the Broads system at low tide. High levels in the Broads may last all day until the high tides have passed. High water is due at Lowestoft at 5:30am on Sunday 29 October 2017. The detailed forecast for those that use it is for a peak level of 2.01mAODN, which is 1.51m above tide tables. The wind forecast is Force 7, North North West. (mAODN means height above average sea level, for more info refer to local tide tables). Levels can take several hours to peak in the Broads in response to incoming tidal waters. Remain vigilant.

Hi John, looks like a useful app that. We are signed up for the EA flood line for both the Yare and Waveney. Phone went mad today with automated phone calls, text messages and emails. 

Tide level not too high at the moment, now a waiting game to see if it drops much.

Colin:default_winko:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Islander said:

Richard, our iPhones are old models 4s. Does everything I want it to. Not worth much now but have no reason to update.

Colin:default_winko:

Iv one of them robot things ( android) its like having a little bloke of a robot running your phone for you , shame mines got an attitude n does what he wants hence my legendary typos :51_scream:.

10 minutes ago, Islander said:

Lovely sunny morning here. Still a bit windy. Flood warning no longer in force but flood alert for Yare up to Norwich. 2" short of going over the quay heading on the green.

Colin:default_drinks:

Its been over at church fen , zero chance of getting to the shops without wader's wellies don't cut it at all , team dog of cause loved it but he doesn't realise I was using him as a marker for how high the water was up ahead :default_biggrin:.

I do wish they would report correctly, it's a pet gripe of mine, in fact I must remember to put it in the 'Let of Steam' thread.

Why do the media constantly say a river / waterway has 'Burst' it's banks?  They water hasn't burst anything, what has happened is that the high water levels have over-topped the banks or flood defences.   It's the normal exaggeration / sensationalism thing once again that newspapers especially like doing

A burst bank is a wholly different thing altogether and requires major machinery / manpower and finances to repair

Griff

• Like 3

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
13 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I do wish they would report correctly, it's a pet gripe of mine, in fact I must remember to put it in the 'Let of Steam' thread.

Why do the media constantly say a river / waterway has 'Burst' it's banks?  They water hasn't burst anything, what has happened is that the high water levels have over-topped the banks or flood defences.   It's the normal exaggeration / sensationalism thing once again that newspapers especially like doing

A burst bank is a wholly different thing altogether and requires major machinery / manpower and finances to repair

Griff

It's also true that the flood defence which is set back from the quay heading was far from over topping. In reality a bit of grass got wet, which might not have happened if dredging had given an extra metre or so of depth further up stream.