Met Office Invents A New Name For Fog

BryanW

1 hour ago, BryanW said:

Saw this in yesterdays Cambridge Evening News:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/cambridge-weather-radiation-fog-cambridgeshire-13852511

Since they have trouble forecasting the weather they obviously have an office competition to invent new names.

What with weather bombs and giving storms bloody names..... worlds gone mad.Why do we have to copy everything the americans do ??

I remember a weather forecast many moons ago with the magnetic symbols when the F dropped off the fog label, without thinking the forecaster announced "sorry about the F in fog", I don't believe he intended it to sound like it did but I did LMAO.

I don't remember which forecaster it was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Dilligaf said:

I remember a weather forecast many moons ago with the magnetic symbols when the F dropped off the fog label, without thinking the forecaster announced "sorry about the F in fog", I don't believe he intended it to sound like it did but I did LMAO.

I don't remember which forecaster it was.

There was an advert in Grimsby Telegraph fishing and shooting  section years ago on behalf of someone who was selling trapped rabbi's.

I didn't buy any though.

Some clown left the "t" off.

On 04/11/2017 at 18:22, Hockham Admiral said:

Brian, hi.

I was aware of radiation fog over 50 years ago in the aviation world.

I was flying back from Benbecula (Outer Hebrides) to Stapleford (NE of London) in a light twin many moons ago and saw fog pouring over the ridge of the North Weald as we approached Stapleford. It was an awesome sight with fingers of fog gradually filling up any depressions in the ground. No camera phones then and by the time one of my passengers had got their camera out of their bag we were past and on finals. It was one of those lost photo opportunitiesthat you really regret.