Anyone Afloat Today

CambridgeCabby

1 hour ago, JamesLV said:

I was amazed at how good the phone signal was this year, previously it’s been terrible, but I’m on o2, and had at least 3G pretty much everywhere on the Northern Broads, including previous black holes like Salhouse etc...

Totally agree , I’m also on O2 and so far have had 3G or even 4G everywhere we have travelled on the North Broads .

Im on vodaphone and had loads of signal - 4g on Salhouse. 

I dont want to put Trev's post as quoted as it will take up too much space but re the condensation, a dehumidifer is the answer. We arrived on Saturday morning in the frost and the cabin was bone dry and reasonably warm. We have it running all the time and the water drains into the sink through the pipe attachment.  I believe its a desiccant one. .We have it on low if we stay over night. Im not sure if that's recommended as it will probably make you dehydrated by the morning lol but at least the windows are dry! 

• Like 1

Tig1677

We moved from Stalham to Brundall last year . Have not regretted it at all, and the difference in travelling is noticable being also from Grimsby. You would not think it would make all that difference but it knocks 30 minutes off the journey.Stress levels are substantially lower on the southern  Broads , but yes you do miss the odd wild moorings and the hustle and bustle a bit, but the peace is heaven .

• Like 2

17 hours ago, oceandawn said:

Tig1677

We moved from Stalham to Brundall last year . Have not regretted it at all, and the difference in travelling is noticable being also from Grimsby. You would not think it would make all that difference but it knocks 30 minutes off the journey.Stress levels are substantially lower on the southern  Broads , but yes you do miss the odd wild moorings and the hustle and bustle a bit, but the peace is heaven .

Thanks for that. More or less my rationale for moving too. Shorter journey being uppermost and the big difference in mooring costs. Looking forward to exploring and finding some nice mooring spots and seeking out some pubs that do quizzes and live music too.

Thanks

Trev

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tjg1677 said:

Thanks for that. More or less my rationale for moving too. Shorter journey being uppermost and the big difference in mooring costs. Looking forward to exploring and finding some nice mooring spots and seeking out some pubs that do quizzes and live music too.

Thanks

Trev

Which marina are you going too, if you don't mind me asking. I am surprised it is so much cheaper than Horning. Brundall is a good base, I am sure you will like it.

No, dont mind you asking at all. Currently we are moored at probably the most expensive marina in Horning, not by choice but I inherited it when I bought the boat and have been looking for alternatives since. The one I am moving to is Cove Marina. Went to meet the owner in October, really nice guy and nothing is too much trouble, it is also a very pleasant looking place. Met some nice people on the moorings too, so quite looking forward to the move and the new adventure.

cheers

trev

Hi Trev

We are moored next door at Swancraft. Really good moorings and nice people. Brundall itself is a lovely village , with plenty of shops for provisions etc. Two pretty good pubs , not fine dining but good enough . Wards is on the door step as is Brooms to get the electric cards.Should you want to go into Norwich or Wroxham excellent train service on the doorstep. The only down side is the channel from the main  river which can be a bit  tight but after a few trips  you get used to it. Always best to avoid handover day at Silverline.Our moorings are not much different in cost to our old one in the wetshed at Richardson but a far far pleasanter to have a base. I am sure you will be pleased with the move .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tjg1677 said:

No, dont mind you asking at all. Currently we are moored at probably the most expensive marina in Horning, not by choice but I inherited it when I bought the boat and have been looking for alternatives since. The one I am moving to is Cove Marina. Went to meet the owner in October, really nice guy and nothing is too much trouble, it is also a very pleasant looking place. Met some nice people on the moorings too, so quite looking forward to the move and the new adventure.

cheers

trev

We are at Cove too, its a nice friendly place