Shore Power

CambridgeCabby

11 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Was wondering what wattage I can plug in , ie can I run a 1500w oil radiator as opposed to my 500w one ?

The Broads Authority electric posts are rated at 16 amps for the standard sockets and 32 amps.

Your 500 watt oil filled radiator will draw a little over 2 amps and a 1500 watt will draw a little over 6 amps. 

You will find that most of the boatyards will stock the B.A. cards our marina Tingdene at Brundall stock them, Barnes Brinkcraft usually have them. Of course you can phone up the B.A. and get them to post you some.

Regards

Alan

We've managed to acquire quite a few! 

Good job the shares in Moonlight Shadow look like they are going to take at least two years to sell.  It gives us a chance to use them. 

Although if a miracle occurs, I suppose we can always put them up for grabs.  S

23 minutes ago, SueH said:

We've managed to acquire quite a few! 

Good job the shares in Moonlight Shadow look like they are going to take at least two years to sell.  It gives us a chance to use them. 

Although if a miracle occurs, I suppose we can always put them up for grabs.  S

Two years Sue,

That seems an age to sell shares in Moonlight Shadow, I am sure their are a few forum members that would love the opportunity to get involved with a boatshare.

Best of luck.

Regards

Alan 

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:56, Jayfire said:

I believe the hook ups are 16 amp so you should be able to use up to a total of 3680 watts subject to the rcd protecting your electrics.

The cards can be bought from the outlets listed here Leccy Cards

The RCD is only there to protect against earth leakage so to speak, and will always be rated the same or higher than the MCB that protects against short circuit or over current protection. Unless of course a RCBO has been used that has a combined RCD and MCB.