Raf At 100 With Ewan And Colin Mcgregor

BBC1 tonight celebrateling  the centenary of the Royal Air Force.I am sure John will be watching. My father served in the RAF as a pti.I have as many know a love of planes and have been lucky to fly a few times and flown in a few famous planes.Very much looking forward to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chelsea14Ian said:

BBC1 tonight celebrateling  the centenary of the Royal Air Force.I am sure John will be watching. My father served in the RAF as a pti.I have as many know a love of planes and have been lucky to fly a few times and flown in a few famous planes.Very much looking forward to it.

That could mean a deep hatred  of your dad :) those of us who remember being shouted at running round the airfield in the rain and snow....

Just finished watching this. My esteem for those in the RAF, has always been high but seeing some of the sorties on there, my hat is well and truly doffed to these men and women.

Also sorry to see the death whilst filming and producing, of two members.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Just finished watching this. My esteem for those in the RAF, has always been high but seeing some of the sorties on there, my hat is well and truly doffed to these men and women.

Also sorry to see the death whilst filming and producing, of two members.

Yes I spotted that 2 of those interviewed had passed over between filming and screening , kinda really made me think about the role ( which I knew existed ) that the female side of the RAF played , the ability to fly fighter's to heavy bombers has to be admired if nothing else all in the same month with mostly very little training .

My father served in bomber command as a navigator on Lancaster's and mosquito's but  rarely ever mentioned it as most air crew didn't , they weren't particularly proud of the job they had to do but did it none the less .

All on all an excellent programme and thanks for the heads up Ian via this thread .