Sutton Staithe Boatyard

We have recently completed our bi-annual AMP for 'B.A' (Assisted Maintenance Period).  First time we have use Sutton Staithe Boatyard and their services for this regular event

We arrived at their slipway on Friday morning 5th April as previously arranged.  After a short delay, 'B.A' was safely on blocks / chocks inside their shed.  Work commenced.  They launched us on Mon 15th early afternoon as previously agreed.

During our stay, we made use of the workshop / facilities on regular 12 x Hr days sometimes longer.  We were aware that this is a working yard / business and wanted to keep any disruption down to a minimum.  I would just like to state how impressed we were with Robert and his team.  When we did have questions or requests or needed advice - Nothing was too much trouble for them.  They treated us with a jovial manner and certainly made us feel welcome and not in the way at all.

We assisted with the general customer enquiries and yard running as and when we had the opportunity to do so.  I was impressed just how well organised they are.  Craft turned up at allocated times, were out in a jiffy onto the hard standing, immediately pressure washed and acid cleaned if required, checked over anti-fouled and back in the water, sometimes on the same day!   They carry out all manner of boat repairs / maintenance.  They also offer pump out and diesel sales in the slipway along with day boats / canoes for hire.  The slipway is also available for customers to launch their own craft too.

So - I whole heartedly recommend Sutton Staithe Boatyard to anyone requiring work done on their boats.

Our agreement was of course on a DIY basis.  This facility is not normally available to owners especially inside the shed / workshop  We had to seek special permission way in advance with insurance policy's to cover us in the workshop with written prior agreements for us to be able to use their facilities, third party liability and the like, it is not normally a service offered.  Robert does offer outside hard-standing and is hoping to be able to offer in the future a tent affair.

Would we use them again in two years? - Most definitely yes and I hope so.

Griff

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2