Just Bought A Hampton Safari, New Member Also. Hello!

Amjams

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hampton-Safari-Houseboat-Liveaboard-pied-a-terre/254274566682?hash=item3b33f1fa1a:g:7WcAAOSwwhtdD9Id

Don`t know how much you paid however did notice it was up for £7k then reduced to £5k so as long as it is sound and passes the BSC you should be ok in my limited experiance.

The engine mentioned is probably the 1.5 BMC (37hp?) so parts are easy to source for a service.

On 16/08/2019 at 23:35, JanetAnne said:

That's not a Hampton Safari.... it's one of many similar craft built on a Classic 27 hull. There is a thread about them on here somewhere but, sadly, I don't have the skills to delve back and link it.

I think yours may well be a more distinctive Summercraft build

Thank you, I think you're right

• 11 months later...
  • My Hampton safari mark3 was sold to me as a Bounty, built @ Benson in the 70’s as a hire boat for the River Yonne, it was brought back in the 90’s fitted with a nannidisal Engine& hydronic propulsion, so it has huge gas fuel & water capacity, it was revealed as a Hampton on this site, built like a brick outhouse, & moored on the upper reaches of the Thames, it is our solace in these wacky times..