Reedham Swing Bridge Failed

Coryton

Anglia Trains have just announced closure with various alternative bus services listed - looks like it was a planned closure albeit at short notice there were trains crossing less than an hour ago and it quickly opened to let a boat through but there were orange suits on the (open to river traffic) bridge yesterday

When I came through about an hour ago there was a train going across, maybe the boat that had moored to the end of the bridge pier, half blocking the opening had something to do with it?

Where were you Coryton, I must have either passed you or been navigating the Chet in Jayne 2 when you passed me.

We were at Reedham yesterday and noticed that the bridge almost looked as if it wasn’t going to close after a boat had gone through. It seemed to stop for a while before finishing the manoeuvre!

It was very peaceful sat on the quayside watching the comings and goings. Quite busy. 

F7481609-806F-43DD-ACB9-ED4801DB29CA.jpeg

D093F5A1-1FA7-4726-A4A6-12FF5D2EA65D.jpeg

10 minutes ago, grendel said:

When I came through about an hour ago there was a train going across, maybe the boat that had moored to the end of the bridge pier, half blocking the opening had something to do with it?

Where were you Coryton, I must have either passed you or been navigating the Chet in Jayne 2 when you passed me.

We came down from Loddon and moored in Reedham at around 11 I think.

A train came across, then the bridge opened, then it shut almost all the way. The tracks were nearly lined up.

Network Rail staff turned up and fiddled with it, then it swung a few times. The last I saw a few minutes ago was it closed across the river with the sign saying it would open on request.

No sign of trains though.

Sorry this came in earlier today.

Urgent Boating News – Bridges Update

Good afternoon

Reedham Swing Bridge is not able to open for boat traffic until further notice.

Kind regards.

Karen

Karen Tyrrell

Administrative Officer Operations
Broads Authority

Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich, NR1 1RY
Tel: 01603 756035 : karen.tyrrell@broads-authority.gov.uk

Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road. Norwich NR1 1RY
01603 610734

4 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Reedham Swing Bridge is not able to open for boat traffic until further notice.

So is it still closed to boats, I wonder?

Before it re-opened to trains they did swing it a few times, but maybe they are afraid that if they do it again something will go ping?

It was happily showing one red flag all the time it was misbehaving - but perhaps they had better things to do than mess with flags. The electronic display said there was a fault with the bridge.

• 1 year later...