What Paint ?

I have a white painted line just above the waterline. It has become chalky and flaky in parts, badly discoloured as you can see from the photos. Any advice on how to repair & repaint and with what paint ?

Any help, advice or comments appreciated as always. Thanks 

C9C1D792-7C17-4BFE-8EF4-0A190CB38B16.jpeg

F5AD7665-F58B-4A72-8692-50A93C4EA602.jpeg

That white line is what is known as a "Boot Top" or it is in yachting circles. You can buy special Boot topping Paint from Teamac, Hempel etc. What it is, and it's purpose was to provide an antifouling line that is scrubbable but does not need to be submersed to keep it's properties. There are often times when the antifoul is not high enough  when loaded for an extended cruise but if you have high antifouling it goes tatty when you are not loaded. Boot Topping paint solves the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

That white line is what is known as a "Boot Top" or it is in yachting circles. You can buy special Boot topping Paint from Teamac, Hempel etc. What it is, and it's purpose was to provide an antifouling line that is scrubbable but does not need to be submersed to keep it's properties. There are often times when the antifoul is not high enough  when loaded for an extended cruise but if you have high antifouling it goes tatty when you are not loaded. Boot Topping paint solves the problem.

I have slapped on yards and yards of boot topping in my time in the RN but didn’t know it came in any other colour than black , can I get BT in white ?