Fair Consort

DAVIDH

It would be beneficial if the helm seat was for the two of you.    Dont fancy being stuck down on the seat opposite and not being able to see out.      Strange that it is not only the helm who likes to see where he/she is going.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hylander said:

It would be beneficial if the helm seat was for the two of you.   

Some NBD boats have extendable helm seats, so two can sit there. Don't know if this boat does.

It always amazes me why boat designers don't pay more attention to visibility from the saloon. After all the Broads are a great place and when you are boating or moored you want to be able to see and enjoy them.

• Like 1

I was aware they were building a new version of Fair Prince and had been waiting for some internal photos to become available. Electric canopy, electric winch and electric toilet are probably the main differences from when we last hired Prince. The layout is great and I wouldn't be worried about the seating looking as if only the helmsperson has a good view. This one is definitely on my list to consider when we next want to hire a centre cockpit boat. 

We loved Fair Prince and it was a great out of season cruiser. The years that we hired it we went in October. It was a lovely warm very comfortable and cosy boat. This updated version is sure to be in demand.

• Like 1

Mmm, that layout doesn't work for me at all. The dinette looks all wrong squashed into the bow and seems to have limited headroom and limited natural light. The other issue I have is on a boat of this size and cost I would want an island double bed.

• Like 3

I know what you mean about the bed but we managed fine with this one as at least the bottom isn't against a wall. I think you lose the space for an island bed because of the bathroom which has a lovely full height shower cubicle. Hubby is 6'4 but he managed ok with the seating under the bow for meals. A nice cosy place to eat and it means that you don't have a table in the way when you're sitting in the main cabin area. At least that is all how it was on Prince and it looks as if this new boat will be very much the same. A shame they don't have updated interior photos on their website yet.

Suited us very well but each to their own. :)

• Like 2