Another Non-event Courtesy Of Corona Virus

Today is the 21st birthday of our No.2 Granddaughter Phoebe. No big joyous gathering of all her friends and family as was planned much like the silver wedding anniversary of her mum and dad last month. Just to make it perfect the birthday card we  sent  1st class 5 days ago  containing a nice fat cheque to  help cheer her up has failed to arrive! I know her parents and older sister will all do their best to make it  a  special day for her but it is essentially a non-event which is a great pity.

Carole

• Sad 3

Yes, it is very sad that a great number of celebrations have had to be postponed, cancelled or have been a shadow of what they would otherwise have been. Also, I had been expecting an important letter (the V5 document for my new car) it took 6 weeks to arrive. The acknowledgement of my no longer owning my old car was 4 weeks. This virus is hitting the whole infrastructure of this country. All I can say is that there are even more important things for me to worry about.

I am living with a 92 year old lady. Back about 6 weeks ago she had a fall and had to spend a couple of nights in hospital. She tested positive for covid19. I am type 2 diabetic. Nobody in the house has had any symptoms and we were all good boys and girls, staying in and self isolating but for 3 weeks I reckoned I might not see May, let alone my boat again.

I said nothing about this at the time, and am now completely optimistic that I'm not only out of immediate danger, but am now probably to some level immune as it is inevitable that I too would at some point have tested positive.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Hmmm true. I'll have to find a new name for it... How does "Lodger" sound?

If all else fails I might have to clean the damned thing. Still after I bought my new car, I bought a Karcher. So, you never know!!!!!

Steady on! You know what amateur cleaning can do to the value of antiques and paintings.

• Haha 2