Boat Electrician

Cheesey69

Hi all,

Sorry if in wrong forum but can anyone recommend a mobile electrician to stick in a hook up, consumer unit and three double sockets? Can do it myself but like it up to code for the BSS.Had a scary quote from a yard.

yours cheesey

I had so much trouble finding an electrician that I am doing the exams so I can do it myself. To be fair that was for 12v stuff and to sort out the nest of wiring that was my battery box. I wanted an electrician to give me a quote to sort it all out. Then I thought to myself, for years you've worked on 12/24v on vehicles, pulled my big boy pants up and did it myself.

• Like 2

Strange that. 
new to area but I thought a mobile sparks to fit mains supply would be easy to find. 
Estimates north of a grand feels steep to me via boatyards and being ex building game seeing prices like that makes me wonder. 

54 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

Strange that. 
new to area but I thought a mobile sparks to fit mains supply would be easy to find. 
Estimates north of a grand feels steep to me via boatyards and being ex building game seeing prices like that makes me wonder. 

It's only £500 really, it's that dreaded BAT (boat added tax)

It's like Lathams, £1 shop stock with added boat tax :)

• Haha 1