Salty Bottoms Summer 2011

Guest mariotech

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never really understood what Ann was on about, she keeps saying the very same thing and I ask her "But you wanted a planing boat" and she shakes her head and walks off - very confused now!!! :-|

Trust you to stir things up Gav just as things were becoming CALM like the sea they will need if they want to catch us :naughty:

The real pain is when you know you should be able to get it up, but after months and months of trying when you finally manage to you're knocked off again (waits for inuendo from G&A). We'd have to run with the SD's, but at gallons per mile :yawn:

Phil and Carron

Sorry for the delayed response guys, but we've been off sunning ourselves in Greece!!!

The proposed itinery looks really good to us. I am keen to see the Deben at some time, but that is a weekend trip so no need to include it on this one. It's nice to see that everyone seems to be catered for now.

From an earlier question, I really can't remember what Brightlingsea is like, as I only sailed from there a few times about 20 years ago!!

Brightlingsea has a bran new mini Marina but I have no idea what the score is with it

The floating pontoon is very convenient,and if you are there only overnight,very easy to leave, harbour master very helpful and friendly,for pub food, found the little rose very good last time we were there, its a short walk opposite the green, ( might not have correct name re pub) there is a ferry that you can use to and from floating pontoon

Brightlingsea has a bran new mini Marina but I have no idea what the score is with it

The mini marina is the one that has a 1m drying hight on the bar :o but as Davey Jones says there is a ferry from the pontoons in the river.

Mark, the Deban is still in (Woodbridge) Think a few might be stopping short of Tidemill and picking up a Buoy.

The return leg is very fully booked so weather may have a bearing on it but if all goes well you can go buoy spotting on the Deban. cheersbar

Dear Salties,

Sue and I have decided we are going to have to pull out of the full London trip as we now find ourselves in the middle of a house purchase, and therefore finances are going to be a lot more stretched than we imagined.

We are thinking we will still be going out but probably staying up around the Orwell whilst you all go to the smoke, and then maybe pick up with you again later in the trip on your return legs.

Think there may be a problem with planning boats and London. Seem to remember being the only one last year as well, What with Mark buying Houses, Gav wrecking his boat and Phil not able to keep it up it is looking the same again this year, that is unless Baz decides to run at a sensible speed.

As departure times will mostly be dictated by suitable arrival times I'm sure Barry will be happy to sit and wait with you for half an hour whilst we get going. :naughty:

Think there may be a problem with planning boats and London. Seem to remember being the only one last year as well, What with Mark buying Houses, Gav wrecking his boat and Phil not able to keep it up it is looking the same again this year, that is unless Baz decides to run at a sensible speed.

Hi Ian I have done some digging around on my fuel consumtion figures. 20 knots 1mpg from owners own calculations and more than one and i have tested at 1.1 mpg at 16.5 knots

Jonathan wants to do around 16 knots i think and wayne wants to go the same as the agreed speed. We are planning the routes at 15 knot average so that will be no more that 17 knots with a bit of tide.

can you get down to that sort of speed?

cheersbar Barry

Jonathan wants to do around 16 knots i think and wayne wants to go the same as the agreed speed. We are planning the routes at 15 knot average so that will be no more that 17 knots with a bit of tide.

can you get down to that sort of speed?

cheersbar Barry

Mate I want to do 35kts but I cant so will be doing 15kts average inc tide. :)

We can get that low but with the legs tucked all the way in and the tabs full down so drinking loads of juice, 18 is the slowest we can run properly so we will be between 18 and 22, as totally uneconomical to go slower.

We are used to running alone so no probs, just looked like we might have had company this year, at one time last year our 7 boats got down to just us before regaining Jonathan and Wayne late on.

We have taken the decision that sadly we will be unable to take on the full London trip. As costs have spiralled on our boat through one reason or another we are left without any savings remaining and despite being paid until my contract with HM finishes later in the Summer, I am having to take on another job or we will not be able to afford the storage costs at SHtoley as it now looks that the repairs will not be happening overnight

The boat was together and (we thought) ready to go back into the water but other things occured causing it to be lifted again.

We are hoping the boat will be back in the water before the end of the month in time for the trip and we hope to join in some of the trip, but there is no way that we can now commit to London.