Fishing Bait

PAULG

34 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Paul,

When Chris was aboard with me he used sweetcorn or bread when fishing.

Regards

Alan

Cheers Alan, was going to take some of those did he have any luck with them.

Was going to get some Maggots and casters if possible but would like to get them just before we set off in Wroxham.

I'd be surprised if Angling Direct didn't sell bait, their other branches do.

However, these people definitely do and they are really helpful plus give out loads of good information on where's fishing well:

https://bass-online.co.uk/index.html

As for bait, bread, sweet corn and maggots are generally successful.

Please, advice if you are a novice, don't pick up fish with towels and the like, wet hands is best, indeed the ONLY way!

Please, when you catch, and you will, refrain from stuffing them into keepnets, especially in this weather.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PAULG said:

Cheers Alan, was going to take some of those did he have any luck with them.

Was going to get some Maggots and casters if possible but would like to get them just before we set off in Wroxham.

He didn't do to bad at various locations including the outside pontoon at Oulton Broad, he was not to keen on the 20 inch plus eel that he caught there, luckily it fell off of his barbless  hooks that he used on this trip. Roach, Bream in the main.

Regards

Alan

I'm not a great fan of eels but a biggun is something special, even I'm impressed when an eel is six pounds plus. Bait? Bacon, never fails. also ideal bait if you want to catch crabs at Yarmouth or at Lake Lothing, Oulton Broad. You know that you have had a good time when you catch crabs at Yarmouth!!:default_norty:

• Haha 2