Low Bridges

LondonGuy

The main problem at Potter is that the modern cruiser has evolved in a way that makes them difficult to pass through (if at all), while up until the 1970s  the vast majority of (hire) craft could.

Nowadays most of those craft you referred to up to the 1970's cannot now pass through regularly.  If we are to believe the bridge hasn't sunk / settled (And I do) then it can only be river levels have risen and that the lower Bure is now so silted up especially on the bends that the ebb can't drain enough oggin out in the normal cycle

Griff

• Like 3

Exactly Griff, lack of maintenance from the broads authority is causing issues with water levels. I did see they were dredging or something similar on the lower Bure last year but allowing the sediment to be carried out on the ebb, surely this is also adding to the issues as the sediment can't all flow out. We are above the bridge and having to be brave with going through at reducing clearences these days.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

How high would those bridges have to be to accommodate the seemingly unmovable aerials and super attractive, high altitude tents/hoods with which so many are fitted?  Theoretically raising Vauxhall a couple of feet should be a doddle but would that be enough?
Not forgetting the radar , essential on the Norfolk Broads

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

On 14/09/2020 at 11:43, Poppy said:

Not forgetting the radar , essential on the Norfolk Broads emoji16.png

When I did regularly take my Drascombe to sea I had a radar reflector permanently mounted at the masthead. A bright spark on a Bling Boat, moored at Worlingham,  called out and mockingly asked why it was there? My no less mocking response was simple, so he would be able to see me on his radar, if he knew how to use it! The aerials and domes displayed on some Broads based GP's exceeds any one of Her Majesty's destroyers!!