Yummy Boat For Sale!

Lovely lovely bit of history BUT knowing how hard it is to keep on top of a wherry's maintenance, a double skinned timber lifeboat might present problems! You could almost guarantee any rot would be out of sight between the two skins!!!

That may cause a bit of scratching the 'ol head and sucking on non existent teeth of even the most hardened boat builder these days!!!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, floydraser said:

She's not shown on the Little Ships website but even so, that seems a very good price if she's in such a nice condition?

I would have replied earlier but have been offline whilst we had a new telegraph post installed.

I too have looked at the Little Ships website, I was hoping to find more pictures. She has had a few name changes but if I see the owner, Rod Clark, who's dad started the Norfolk Wherry Trust, I'll ask him. She moored less than a hundred yards from my dyke. Rod has certainly cared for her whilst in his ownership. 

She is double diag but no apparent lifting or curling planks.  I'd be seriously tempted but anno dominie very firmly says no. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I would have replied earlier but have been offline whilst we had a new telegraph post installed.

What year are we in anybody?

Well seasoned timber smelling of creosote and a black, sticky mess around the bottom which your Mum would clout you for getting on your clothes?

Or is this in your lounge?:default_dry::default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, floydraser said:

Well seasoned timber smelling of creosote and a black, sticky mess around the bottom which your Mum would clout you for getting on your clothes?

Interestingly the engineers cut the old post off at ground-level and then used a hydraulic ram to push the sticky bottom further into the ground thus keeping their cloths relatively clean.

By the way, it's 2020!