Resources For Those Afloat In Lockdown

Ray

From Sutton Staithe Boatyard -

"As per the last lockdown it is our intention to remain open for repairs, diesel, gas and pump outs.  We will be able to collect boats and return back to your own moorings where you are not able to bring them round yourself.  Now's the time to contact us to get your boat booked in for work."

• Like 4

Similar FB post from Eastwood Whelpton Sailing Holidays posted on Sunday.

A quick note for our storage and repair customers. You will have seen the latest announcement from the Govt that they intend (subject to Parliamentary approval!) to put us into lockdown from Thursday 5th November.

Just to reassure you we intend to carry on working and will continue to respect the COVID rules we have put in place at the yard, but clearly we will not be able to accept visitors from Thursday. As with the first lockdown, we will be able to operate a collection or delivery service for your boat if it is coming to us for storage or repair for the winter.

Please do not drop your boat in the yard this week in advance of the lockdown without prior agreement as we need enough room to be able to lift the boats already with us.

Easiest communication would be through email as ***** is still away with family and so the office is not manned full time info@eastwood-whelpton.co.uk but call and leave a message if you prefer.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I believe a lot boats lift outs have been brought forward to tomorrow - including my brother's thankfully.  My white boat never went in................

4 hours ago, Ray said:

From Sutton Staithe Boatyard -

"As per the last lockdown it is our intention to remain open for repairs, diesel, gas and pump outs.  We will be able to collect boats and return back to your own moorings where you are not able to bring them round yourself.  Now's the time to contact us to get your boat booked in for work."

If anyone is in two minds about the collection and return bit, we've had a few jobs done remotely by Robert and his merry band with absolutely no problems. I did hear he can do a cracking deal on green antifouling too!

• Like 1