Broom Captain

kev

Fingers crossed for you. Let’s hope this is the best summer ever this year. I look forward to mud weighting on Bargate broad, trips to Pye’s mill and bar-b-qs with friends at our St Olaves mooring. It’s going to be wonderful.

Colin :default_winko:

Lets hope so Colin. Snunn the bed is not a problem for us as we are like the borrowers lol, think this will be about 10 times we have had captain was going to go for the skipper this time but im like you i love the Captain.

17 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Also you have the two roof hatches with fly screens in the front cabin it sends a nice breeze as you go along . There Fab boats and great friendly yard that’s why we always use Brooms.. 

They dont all have the fly screens.  We have been on 8 and 6 a couple of times and neither of them have the fly screens.  Also when it rains you cannot have the side door open, unless you want to get very wet.    Saying all that assuming we are going to have a glorious summer, and dont we deserve it, you would go along way to beat the Captain.

On 04/02/2021 at 13:51, Hylander said:

They dont all have the fly screens.  We have been on 8 and 6 a couple of times and neither of them have the fly screens.  Also when it rains you cannot have the side door open, unless you want to get very wet.    Saying all that assuming we are going to have a glorious summer, and dont we deserve it, you would go along way to beat the Captain.

When we had Captain 6 there was pop on sun cover / Fly screens .. And that’s the same for Cadet skipper and Explorer’s . Commodore has built in ones. 

Well no fly screens for us but yes there were those horrible pop over covers that looked as it they had been dragged through the mud.   I would not put them up even to have some privacy they detracted from the smart looking boat that she is.  I guess they are always updating the boats.

• Like 1

Excellent choice Kev, we have hired from Broom for many years, our very first time on a boat started with the cadet named Cavel, the last boat we hired was the Skipper but there is just summing about being on the Captain, plus the staff are very friendly and helpful, we were thinking of hiring around September but are a little unsure at the moment.

Anyway, i hope you have an enjoyable time.

• Love 1