Boats Refit

Andrewcook

13 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

Could it be possible they could put more Draws in for Clothes? If you have Four or more Crew.

Best ask the boatyards that question Andrew, I guess it depends on what else they want to fit in and what their priorities are. 

Total refits are very rare now, I think that might be down to modern materials. Lots of fibreglass used for bed, seating bases vanity units in the showers etc etc. When you think about a total refit the only difference in building a new boat is the saving made on the boat moulds. The labour and fixtures and fitting cost would be the same. Lots easier to build well in the first place and refresh as time goes on. Look at all the bathtubs richardson's still run, lots of refreshing done over the years. We hired two of the finesse class a few years back it still had the original dark laminated wood appearance it had when launched back in the 80s but updated showers, galley, soft furnishings. That said supreme had a major refit and again done very well it also let's incredibly well fully booked most seasons. 

we have recently done a refit on a Bounty 40 centre cockpit, it involved new mattresses, flooring, repairs to bulkheads, new toilets, washbasins,  worktops in heads and galley, and new cockpit seating also some cosmetics outside and all the windows rebuilt and new inverter+ charger. 

the refit we are currently in the middle of is having a new engine, dashboard,  charger/inverter, curtains, flooring throughout, galley doors, large areas of rotten flooring and linings replaced, all windows removed and rebuilt, new toilets, washbasins and worktops in heads, rubbers replaced and large areas of damage repairs being done as well as the canopy sides being stripped and rebuilt with metal in the place of wood. 

both the above are for hire, 

the next one i do for myself   will hopefully just be a polish! 

• Like 5