where can I launch a small dinghy?

Guest Cattleya

They do close the broad to navigation one day a year to keep their rights, Normally Christmas day or about then by putting chains across the entrance.

This isn't the only place that does this, I know there are some "public" roads that go through estates which are closed in the same way.. one of those roads just north of Milton Keynes I used to use regularly..

As to Mud weighting I'm not sure what their policy is, But if you did it, parking on the racing course would get a very short request to move...

The Sailing Club have the lease of the land the club house is on and the Broad, I can't remember who actually owns the Broad..

Wroxham Broad never had a staithe on it, nor was it en-route to somewhere so it never gained rights of passage for anyone..

Hi all,

I can see this is a rather old thread but thought I'd add a comment in anyway for future reference.

We've recently added a list of slipways to our website: https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/facilities/slipways-and-launching-points

It's by no means a comprehensive list but it does have some additional information and can be used supplement the existing content out there.

Thanks,

Tom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 22/07/2019 at 12:06, TheQ said:

The Sailing Club have the lease of the land the club house is on and the Broad, I can't remember who actually owns the Broad..

Wroxham Broad never had a staithe on it, nor was it en-route to somewhere so it never gained rights of passage for anyone..

The Broad is owned By the Trafford Estate who also own Caen Meadow.

Probably not the best place to post it but just a warning that this weekend is the Start of Wroxham Week so the Broad will be quite busy.

9 hours ago, marshman said:

I must admit that noone has ever come up and spoken to me and I mudweight there quite a lot - could just be lucky I guess.

I don't think they mind as long as you are not on the racing course, (which is most of the broad..)

Yep, Wroxham Regatta week Starting Saturday, Horning Regatta Week the following Saturday, Hickling weekend regatta the week end after that. a real enthusiast (or lunatic) can sail every day of the week for the whole of the school Summer holidays..