Remove Burn Stain To Grp?

On removing a solar panel I found that sometime in the past our boat suffered an electrical fault. The junction box on the panel had melted completely and was burnt causing some burn damage to the grp. This is inside and right on top and in the middle of the area between the helm and windscreen. I can cover it but if possible I would like to make it look better cosmetically.

I have tried a mild cut/polish product with only a small improvement as you can see from the before and after photos.

Has anyone dealt with something like this successfully? 

PXL_20220606_092006231.jpg

PXL_20220610_102948729.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ray said:

You're not wrong Malcolm 😂 It's OK though, I've finished all the jobs!!!!! 🙄😁

Yeah, right!!  I thought that, but more and more little jobs seem to occur to me.  My problem is that, having tried and failed to do things in the past, I find it cheaper not to try and get someone with the right skill set to do it in the first place! 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Yeah, right!!  I thought that, but more and more little jobs seem to occur to me.  My problem is that, having tried and failed to do things in the past, I find it cheaper not to try and get someone with the right skill set to do it in the first place! 😉

I know exactly what you mean lol But I have had some successes..  sadly these only encourage me 😁

• Like 1

On 10/06/2022 at 16:07, Ray said:

On removing a solar panel I found that sometime in the past our boat suffered an electrical fault. The junction box on the panel had melted completely and was burnt causing some burn damage to the grp. This is inside and right on top and in the middle of the area between the helm and windscreen. I can cover it but if possible I would like to make it look better cosmetically.

I have tried a mild cut/polish product with only a small improvement as you can see from the before and after photos.

Has anyone dealt with something like this successfully? 

PXL_20220606_092006231.jpg

PXL_20220610_102948729.jpg

Have you tried Y10 gel? It might not work on a burn if it’s too deep into the gel but worth a try, it’s great stuff for removing rust marks and waterline staining , I use it a lot on my boat

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KevinB said:

Have you tried Y10 gel? It might not work on a burn if it’s too deep into the gel but worth a try, it’s great stuff for removing rust marks and waterline staining , I use it a lot on my boat

That looks good, I haven't come across that before. I'll give it a try.... Thank you 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ray said:

That looks good, I haven't come across that before. I'll give it a try.... Thank you 👍

No probs, hope it works for you 😎
Amazing how it takes off heavy rust marks, sometimes needs 2 or 3 applications but it’s good stuff 

• Like 1