Nippy Chippie At Potter.

Popeye

I have just noticed whilst searching for something else that the chippie at Potter has changed hands and at first glance appears promising. Hopefully it will be a great improvement on the previous managements.

Has anybody tried it yet?

Haven't tried it but have heard good reports from other folk. It was interesting to read a while back about the commitment of the family who have taken this over. I think they also run the very popular Nippy Chippie van that visits some of the villages and seems to have a great reputation as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Haven't tried it but have heard good reports from other folk. It was interesting to read a while back about the commitment of the family who have taken this over. I think they also run the very popular Nippy Chippie van that visits some of the villages and seems to have a great reputation as well.

You are correct, they did run the Nippy Chippie van as reported in the EDP.

I will give it a try next week and send a report here. It will be great if we now have a decent chippie in Potter and I am looking forwards to trying it. 

• Like 1

I love Bridgestones too, though their cakes are rather too large for me!

It's good that there are more dining options now in Potter. Apart from Bridgestones it seemed a bit dire for the first few years we came to the Broads, pre-Norada, and both the Falgate and chippy not as good as they seem to be now. 

I've also heard good things about the Indian takeaway in Repps. 

https://reppsindiankitchen.co.uk/indiankitchen

I never enjoyed the old Potter Heigham Chip Shop so I shall look forward to trying the new owners version very soon as it is a regular haunt of mine :default_smile:

12 hours ago, BroadsExplorer said:

I never enjoyed the old Potter Heigham Chip Shop so I shall look forward to trying the new owners version very soon as it is a regular haunt of mine :default_smile:

Oh, I dunno, the old chippie had their use, their chips used to make good ground bait for fishing and you could probably run the engine from the oil dripping from the batter.

• Haha 2