I Must Resist (although Resistance Is Futile)

AndyTBoater

2 hours ago, Roy said:

The boat hull up high in on picture  think it’s a classic 27 looks more interesting to me 😉

Yep. It's definitely a Classic 27. 

Not sure if the owner would sell it though. You know how the boaty people are. It'll get done eventually I am sure. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrundallNavy said:

I see it went unsold, Did Mrs T boater hide your wallet :default_beerchug:

I see Tim Collins yard sold for £125k. hope it continues as a timber yard and not developed into more houses. 

She didnt hide my wallet - but I made sure she didnt know it was for sale. Even if it was free I think it would be too much money. 

As for Tim's land, thats a fair bit of money. He told me that it actually has no river frontage and half of his old workshop/shed is on land that is only "borrowed" and will be returned once the yard sells. So someone has bought a very small parcel of land with no access to the river. And a lot smaller than it looks on the maps.

I have been informed that he will move out of the yard but the business will still keep going. It will just be a ring up and he will deliver only service with no option to go and look at or select the wood. Sad but thats life.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AndyTBoater said:

Yep. It's definitely a Classic 27. 

Not sure if the owner would sell it though. You know how the boaty people are. It'll get done eventually I am sure. 

Does the hull have a old reg number (wondering which one it is ) always sad to see a classic broads cruiser in that state. 

Hi Roy

Her Broads number is L87 Built by Hippersons at Beccles.

She is on the list to be restored however the list is a bit long, it includes an Elysian 27, a 32ft wooden broads cruiser, a 37ft Golden light, and a mk1 Cortina estate, as well as the wooden  boat we currently use called  Kingfisher an ex Golden light.

My wife thinks i suffer with multiple project syndrome. but at-least she knows where i am most of the time.

Robin 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Robin said:

Hi Roy

Her Broads number is L87 Built by Hippersons at Beccles.

She is on the list to be restored however the list is a bit long, it includes an Elysian 27, a 32ft wooden broads cruiser, a 37ft Golden light, and a mk1 Cortina estate, as well as the wooden  boat we currently use called  Kingfisher an ex Golden light.

My wife thinks i suffer with multiple project syndrome. but at-least she knows where i am most of the time.

Robin 

Thank you I must say they are a nice little boat I’ve always wanted one or a Hampton Safari. 

I was lucky enough to be shown around aurora a few years ago when she was tied up at wroxham the owner was thinking of selling her I was tempted but wasn’t the right time 

Good luck with the restoration please document it on here so I can read.