The Wait Is Killing Me...

chrisdobson45

Survey & trial was carried out yesterday so I'm now waiting for the surveyor's report to land (should be later today, even though it's Good Friday), and the next few hours are going to be the longest...

Initial reports were that the survey went well, 20 knots achieved and the broker thought the surveyor believed there were a few more to be had and only a few little niggles to address. 

We're in Brundall tomorrow to agree a mooring, do some measuring (for curtains, etc) and generally take it all in. Hopefully better weather than last week.

• Like 4

Another busy day yesterday, left home at 5.15am and arrived at Brundall at about 8.10am, with a quick stop at the Co op for coffee, croissants and a bag of apples.

Mystic Lady looked great, a hunt through cupboards and storage lockers resulted in us finding a set of window covers and the “missing” curtains for the forward cabin and heads.

We then went to Cove and met Clive & Victoria, mooring arranged.

We went to the East Hills cafe for lunch, the chowder was excellent. 

Kath wanted a quick trip to Wroxham to look at some tat, pleased to see it was busy. I finally met the forum legend that is Griff, with the lovely Purdy. Broad Ambition looked resplendent in the afternoon sun.

Back home for just after 8.30pm, having carried out a duty call at the in-laws in Boston, who believe everything they have thought about me in the last 28 years is true (buying a boat was confirmation that I’m insane).

Ian Lumley emailed Mystic Lady’s survey to me last night, a couple of minor issues but nothing that will prevent me making payment of the balance this week.

B8B52800-847D-455A-A90E-C4A999913A94.jpeg

6BE70BAB-FF81-4762-BF93-5963BB621784.jpeg

00C03C67-F65B-46E7-82FC-7185AE1E04E3.jpeg

692AA57B-6CE4-4B9D-A81C-9EC43ABA90D8.jpeg

• Like 13

11 hours ago, catcouk said:

That's a beautiful looking boat. I suspect there might be a few bridge clearance issues with that awesome flying bridge! Lovely amount of space too.

10ft 8inches with the arch down so the Yarmouth bridges are certainly achievable with the right tide. We intend to make the Southern Broads our home for the foreseeable future and see how it goes.

We intend to make Mystic Lady our home for the school holidays in the summer so the space was an important consideration, I need to be able to work when I’m on the boat without being in the way of everyone else

• Like 1