Herbert Woods Mooring Prices For Private Boats

grendel

Just went to pay for our couple of hours stay at Herbert Woods, at first when she said £15, I  queried it saying we were just here for a short stop, not overnight, that was when she told me it was 1 charge, whether you stayed 1 hour or all night. Even the guy on the Quay that sent me to pay said it was a rip off. 

So private boats take heed if you feel like just popping to the shops and want to Moor up in hw basin.

• Like 3

Wonder when they changed that - I moored up there late last season for a couple of hours and they only charged me abt £3, which I thought was very reasonable.

Its obviously getting really difficult to moor up at PH now a days since we lost the quiet moorings - which is a real shame.

• Like 2

That's a rip off. You are spending your money locally so they should support the local businesses better by not charging for up to a couple of hours. NBD and Barnes Brinkcraft both allowed us to moor for nothing, when we had our own boat, in order to get some shopping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troyboy said:

That's a rip off. You are spending your money locally so they should support the local businesses better by not charging for up to a couple of hours. NBD and Barnes Brinkcraft both allowed us to moor for nothing, when we had our own boat, in order to get some shopping. 

NBD no longer allow private craft to moor there and Barnes make a charge.  If I remember correctly, it’s £8 during the day and £15 overnight.

• Like 1