Anti Social Behaviour

Mouldy

7 hours ago, ExSurveyor said:

Please remember our ToS when adding to this thread, particularly the ' name and shame' section.

4 hours ago, grendel said:

but as outsiders not knowing the particular boaters involved and their apparent previous behaviour 99% of people will still say that the anglers behaviour was not justified, since only a select few seem to know those involved and considering the name and shame policy of this forums TOS may I suggest we calm down and  just agree that social media is not the place to expect action to stop this type of behaviour.

it has been intimated that those involved are setting themselves above the law to resolve this- but the truth is that most of the people watching this vide wont know that. So lets not get into any arguments here as by all reports that is exactly the sort of thing the people who posted this to youtube thrive upon.

4 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Before we get into a he said , she said argument on here , irrespective of any prior history involving the anglers or the boat owner , the behaviour of the anglers as shown on the video falls far short of what one would or should expect .

As our Chairman has politely requested please can we stay inside the TOS when posting on this matter 

edited  to add , my posting obviously crossed over that of Grendels and I share his sentiments 

Requests from me, the Vice Chairman and the Head mod seem  to have been ignored by some.

Let me be clear,

We are not a court, we are not a jury, we have no influence on the outcome and we don't have all the facts.

Speculation about prior to the video and after the video is pointless.

Any reports should have been made to the police and the Parish Council rather than making a YouTube video that is no doubt monetise.

Now let's leave it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It is good to know that this is now in the hands of those who will be dealing with the matter.    I must say it is good to know that both sides it is ok to moor for 24hrs as previously thought,

https://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news/24166531.norfolk-broads-row-breaks-fishermen-boater/?ref=eb&nid=2399&u=c160d74be8c30ff96c1e228a4a7f5f71&date=070324

• Like 2

Now it’s clear both sides of the little inlet come under the same rules it should be a formality. The Police will probably just ‘Have a word’ with the two anglers - then jobs a gudden. No real harm done

Griff

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Now it’s clear both sides of the little inlet come under the same rules it should be a formality. The Police will probably just ‘Have a word’ with the two anglers - then jobs a gudden. No real harm done

Griff

Perhaps the Chair of the Parish Council might want to put up some signage in order to clarify the rules apply on both sides, this might prevent future confusion. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

No real harm done

This forum is moderated, but if you take a look at other social media sites and comments sections, then the jar has been well and truly shaken sadly!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Meantime said:

This forum is moderated, but if you take a look at other social media sites and comments sections, then the jar has been well and truly shaken sadly!

And , isnt it good that our forum is moderated.      The numpties can perform elsewhere and leave us lot in peace.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hylander said:

And , isnt it good that our forum is moderated.      The numpties can perform elsewhere and leave us lot in peace.

It is good, but in the meantime the damage and division is still being done elsewhere. At least the publicity seeking, self serving Youtuber, will get a few pennies out of it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It has been stated on here that the boat does not have a 'Broads' licence.  If that is correct I take it the Authority will do something about that too?  Let's make it fair for all the LEGAL boat users

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Meantime said:

It is good, but in the meantime the damage and division is still being done elsewhere. At least the publicity seeking, self serving Youtuber, will get a few pennies out of it. 

Google demonetize videos with violent content, copyright violation or profanity. Sometimes the process is automatic, sometimes it's triggered by signals like people disliking or reporting it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy said:

It has been stated on here that the boat does not have a 'Broads' licence.  If that is correct I take it the Authority will do something about that too?  Let's make it fair for all the LEGAL boat users

Cambridgecabby has suggested that a monthly payment schedule may not show up on the Toll Checker (which is down anyway), so the current situation is unclear.

I think this is actually an interesting point. Elsewhere on BA's WhatDoTheyKnow freedom of information request list several questions have been asked about what ERP system the authority uses. The responses stated that they do not have an ERP.

For those not familiar, an ERP is a comprehensive software suite, often referred to as a company's "single source of truth". It generally streamlines efficiency, reduces the need for staffing (often dramatically), gives ad hoc financial reporting in a few clicks and allows easy publishing of account information, etc on websites. The fact BA don't have one appears to be a massive shortcoming and suggests those in charge have a poor grasp of technology. It also suggests there may be cost savings to be had by reducing staffing, and explains why clear financial reporting can be less than forthcoming.

Either way, if an owner has a payment schedule in place, queries on the toll checker probably ought to show a more appropriate response. Returning a response saying it's untolled for an owner adhering to an agreed payment schedule appears to be potentially defamatory to me?