Makeover For Bon Bon

PaulN

Like most of us, we like to keep our boat looking smart. However, although we jet wash it regularly and polish it once or twice a year, she was getting a bit engrained with grey streaks and looking lacklustre.

We therefore decided to get Horning Pleasurecraft to antifoul her, also jet wash, lightly compound and  polish the hull and superstructure.

The result is truly stunning as shown in the photos below, we could never get Bon Bon to sparkle and shine like she does now . She looks a new boat and not one that is nearly 16 years old.

Well done Clive and Team at Horning Pleasurecraft!

20240502_140956.jpg

20240504_113438.jpg

IMG-20240430-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20240430-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20240430-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20240430-WA0008.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, Troyboy said:

What a lovely looking boat. Excuse my ignorance but is it a Haines 36 Bure. 

A private build by Swancraft on an Alphacraft moulding I believe but I'm sure Paul will correct me if I'm wrong! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Troyboy said:

What a lovely looking boat. Excuse my ignorance but is it a Haines 36 Bure. 

No, she was built by Swancraft of Brundall. I believe there were 5 built by Haines - Barolo, Fair Lilly (now Rico hire craft), Mirabelle, Nancy Oldfield and one owned by Kriscraft on the Thames

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

A private build by Swancraft on an Alphacraft moulding I believe but I'm sure Paul will correct me if I'm wrong! 

Yes, she was built by Paul Crampton of Swancraft for a private owner (we are the 2nd). Being next door to Alphacraft in those days, Paul kept a close eye on the lay up to make sure she was strong. We love her!

• Like 7

On 09/05/2024 at 09:02, PaulN said:

Being next door to Alphacraft in those days, Paul kept a close eye on the lay up to make sure she was strong. 

I bet he did! Alpha's build quality was not the best.

Shame really, because there isn't now an outfit doing what Alpha and Aquafibre were. In wanting to have design exclusivity, yards have ensured that the economies of scale of the 'old' approach are no longer possible.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Troyboy said:

Thanks for the information. We are hiring Bella Maria (Fair Lilly) on the 20th May for a week

Ooh, I’ll look out for you and Vera. I’ll be out and about with Finlay. 

• Like 1