Broads Paddle Boarding

I found an article about Cheap Paddle Boarding on the Broads for the Weekend from Coltishall Camping and Paddle Boarding to Wroxham and Salhouse to Fur and Feather for an evening Meal and a few good Drinks as they carry with them lightweight Rucksack next day having Breakfast at Horning and packed lunches plus a paddle towards Acle to have Meal at the Bridge Inn and back home by Train. Blimey I could not stand that long on the Paddle Board only practice sessions would be able to in time.

• Like 1

I don't know. Last year on only my second go, I did around six hours of estuary paddle boarding around Salcombe. Very rough, windy and hard work.  Looking at the time / distance charts it's about 3hrs 45 by boat, so let's say roughly half that pace to paddle - yeah, 6 to 8 hrs

Not there yet but can see 60 looming...........

5 hours ago, RumPunch said:

I don't know. Last year on only my second go, I did around six hours of estuary paddle boarding around Salcombe. Very rough, windy and hard work.  Looking at the time / distance charts it's about 3hrs 45 by boat, so let's say roughly half that pace to paddle - yeah, 6 to 8 hrs

Not there yet but can see 60 looming...........

Dont wish your life away.   Before you know it you will be looking at the back end of 70.    The years just fly by.

• Like 4

Some watery pursuits, sailing for example, I don't do but I can see the pleasure in doing. Paddle boarding, however doesn't fit in to that category because I could never see how there could be pleasure in it. If you like to paddle under your own steam wouldn't you just have a canoe and be able to sit down whilst doing it?

11 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Some watery pursuits, sailing for example, I don't do but I can see the pleasure in doing. Paddle boarding, however doesn't fit in to that category because I could never see how there could be pleasure in it. If you like to paddle under your own steam wouldn't you just have a canoe and be able to sit down whilst doing it?

a lot of people use a paddle board sat down too, I do. the advantage over a canoe is you can paddle your feet in the water to keep cool.