Popular river side pub to reopen at Easter

Boaters

Been following the fate of the Rising Sun at Colltishall and looked in last week as we were passing was told it will open Thursday this week and was shown round by the new owner who has another pub in North Norfolk.Completely refurbed with new furniture and much memorabilia and looks that this could be a comfortable place to come for a meal or enjoy a drink in a nice atmosphere .If you can get under the bridge you could do worse than head for Coltishall with plenty of mooring on the common and even an electric point. cheerscheersbar

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Roy, the last time Karen and i went to the Rising Sun, we were the last 2 people in there and playing pool at the time. The staff were quite a bit less than friendly, and at about 10ish, they deided to ask us to leave so they could close early :o:o . Add to that when we looked at the menu for a meal, the choice was quite basic and uninspiring, so we vowed NEVER to go there again, so we now always walk into the village and have a cracking meal at the Red Lion. We`ve NEVER been disappointed there.

Having said that, if the Rising Sun now has new owners who employ polite staff and offer a good choice of food as well as good quality, then we`d be more than happy to give another go. Thanks for the heads up. Regards .......... Neil.

Opening Thursday ,but will not be doing food till Friday we were told today.The pub is now owned and it will be a fresh start all round :clap ,so a lot more reason to work hard at keeping the customers happy :) so you and Karen may feel differently about giving it a try: .I heard the Red Lion is up for sale so not sure of the position there. :(

John agreed it has been good in the past ,lets hope it gets taken soon.Trevor one of the worst nights we had was in the Kings Head and have not been in since.Strange how one evperience puts you off for a long time cheerscheerscheersbarcheersbar

John ,it was with a small party of friends .The service was slow and we were treated with a lack of interest when we asked about the delay,also the food when we got it was not to the standard we were expecting after hearing reports from pevious diners .They may have been having a bad day,but were indignant when we replied in the negative at the end of the evening with the feelings of those present. :o:(

I hope it survives. With Richardsons and a few other boatyards making you have to use the pilot at the cost of £12 return i think it will put people off going up.

Dave, Hi

I really didn't know that hirers had to pay! :cry:cry:cry

Mind you I'm hardly surprised that Riccos et al insist... I've seen some of the damage done to their boats going under the Yarmouth bridges, let alone Wroxham or Potter! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Called into the Rising Sun on Saturday evening. Place looks great with some nice new decor. Very warm welcome, polite and attentive staff, extremely good food and drink. Huge choice on the menu.

I wish the new owner every success, he certainly seems to have pitched it right...so far.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Called into the Rising Sun on Saturday evening. Place looks great with some nice new decor. Very warm welcome, polite and attentive staff, extremely good food and drink. Huge choice on the menu.

I wish the new owner every success, he certainly seems to have pitched it right...so far.

We`ll be on the broads in 3 1/2 weeks time, but we`ve decided to stay south again this year, so we won`t get the chance to try it. However, should we change our plans, and we do venture up north and go to Coltishall (we don`t have to pay for the Wroxham bridge pilot with Maffett cruisers), we`ll give it a try. The fact that it is now "OWNED" "should" encourage the new owners to ensure good quality food and service. Thanks for the heads up Patrician. cheers

We are still hopeful we'll make Coltishall before we have to head South on the 18th.... we have a coupon for a meal in the King's Head and hope we won't be too disappointed! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

We will also try lunchtime in the Sun and look forward to the new management. We've never rated the previous lot very highly!

Moored on the Common at Coltishall Sat night and went into the Rising Sun for a drink.They have done a great job with the interior decor and it was reasonably busy. The Wherry was ok but not up to Rod's standard yet. Did not eat there but the food coming from the kitchen looked well presented.Speaking to the staff the place is run by the people who run The Robin Hood in Sheringham,although there is still apparently a connection to Enterprise Inns.Hope they have a good summer as they have spent a lot of money on the place which only opened its doors again on Thursday last week.

Colishall moorings were very busy-We arrived at 3pm & got the last mooring on the Common-later in the afternoon boats were double mooring or turning back to Wroxham-hope its a good omen for Coltishall-one of the nicest parts of the Broads in our opinion

Boycee

cheersbar

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

They could have gone further upriver and moored at the lock. i`ve always moored at the common, but several people have recommended mooring at the lock, so we`ll give it a try one day. I know it`s a bit weedy etc, but a broads cruiser should be ok to get up there.