Advice Please Re Norfolk In General......

My partner and I are coming on The Broads for a week at the end of September, hopefully going south this time, tides and weather permitting!

My plea for help is because for the first time ever, we are coming to stay 3 nights in Norfolk (on land) before we get the boat, I would like some advice from locals and regulars who know the Norfolk Coast and beaches as to where the best places are to visit. We want to go and see the Seals all being well, we also love walking on the beach...... where are the must visit beaches and places to go to see the best of the Norfolk Coast?

Thanks in advance......

• Like 2

Horsey Gap for the seals. Our favourite (dog friendly) beach is Caister on Sea. There’s a reasonably priced large pay and display car park just behind the beach and the Caister lifeboat museum to visit. There’s also a lifeboat cafe and shop. 

• Like 2

Seal Trips by boat from Morston Quayand Blakeney.

A drive along the A149 Coast Road from Cromer via Sheringham, Cley, Blakeney, Morston, and on to Stifkey, Wells, Holkham, Burnham Overy to Brancaster and return wiil delight.

It still does me even after living up here for 18 years.

• Like 5

If you want undeveloped beaches - Waxham or Horsey.

Cromer and Sheringham make nice days out. Cromer's beach is good for walking. Sheringham's beach has more shingle, so less good, but the steam railway is worth seeing. You can take dogs on the train for a small fee, so could take a round trip to Holt, which is probably the second most popular town after Burnham Market.

Blakeney Point is probably the number one place for seals. You can either take a boat trip (possibly with one of my extended family at the helm) or walk from Cley.

The real beauty with Norfolk though (and the reason I'm still trying to move back) is that you can just go out for a drive at random and find beautiful countryside and things to do pretty much anywhere.

• Like 6

I think Winterton has one of the best beaches and dunes for walking. You haven’t actually said if you have a dog but the beach etc there is very dog-friendly. Good pub and fish and chip shop in the village too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I think it was me that mentioned dogs, not the OP.

It was yes but others seemed to latch on to the dog bit too. Thought if the OP clarified it other suggestions might be forthcoming. 

• Like 1