Hi to everyone

chrisc37

Hello Chris,

Monarch has an air draft of 7 foot so above Potter Heigham is out, you should be ok at Wroxham at normal levels but you will need to be taken through the bridge by the pilot, Richardson's will have an arangement regarding this.

In August the Northern Broads will be very busy, I would venture south if I were you.

The last person who asked about the school week we have for sale said never again after they hired in August last year.

Regards

Alan

Yes we are looking to head for the Southern rivers, but will have to get the tide right at Yarmouth. Last time we went in August and did not find it to bad, maybe when the kids have left school we will be able to go outside of the school holidays. Is it possible to Pre book a mooring in somewhere like Wroxham.

Chris

Yes we are looking to head for the Southern rivers, but will have to get the tide right at Yarmouth. Last time we went in August and did not find it to bad, maybe when the kids have left school we will be able to go outside of the school holidays. Is it possible to Pre book a mooring in somewhere like Wroxham.

Chris

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum from me too.

A question for you, If yo are intending to head for the southern rivers this time, why did`nt you hire from one of the southern yards?. There are some excellent boats available from some excellent yards, and It would save you a couple of days cruising from the north, allowing you more time to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet the southern rivers can offer.

Regards and best wishes to all ................. Neil.

Hi Chris

A big welcome from me too!

After spending 5 years boating on the northern river's we now tend to stay south and really enjoy the piece and tranquility it can offer. Don't get me wrong, we absolutely love the northern rivers although after 5 years, just fancied a change.

cheersbar

Hello Chris,

I fully agree with Neil it would have been better to hire from one of the southern yards, but it is now a done deal.

I find the river nearer to Yarmouth uninteresting and poorly maintained especially the bridge height boards.

Likewise from the other side of Breydon Water to Reedham it is only the wildlife that makes this part of journey of any interest and more so if the boat you hire is very low.

With regards to booking a mooring in Wroxham you can pre book a mooring at the Hotel Wroxham (they only have 2/3 boat moorings) you can pre book for lunch or overnight and there is a mooring fee payable at the reception (01603 782061). You should be able to moor at one of the boat yards but this would not be pre bookable.

Regards

alan