Richardsons New Build Update

Mark42

Hi Clive, saw discovery just before she was launched, looked great. With another set of moulds waiting to going into the shed and another being laid up !! have u been surprised by the demand for theses boats ?? they are in my opinion some of the best on offer to hire !!! and has it slowed up progress on other models u have spoken about?? it was good to see the flybridge plug coming along... exciting time for Richos customers :)

Hi Clive, saw discovery just before she was launched, looked great. With another set of moulds waiting to going into the shed and another being laid up !! have u been surprised by the demand for theses boats ?? they are in my opinion some of the best on offer to hire !!! and has it slowed up progress on other models u have spoken about?? it was good to see the flybridge plug coming along... exciting time for Richos customers :)
  Hi Andy, the RC45 has been really popular, but has not slowed the development down..   Although we love the boats, we are a little surprised at the level of demand but they do tick pretty much all of the boxes!
  • Like 1

Far Horizon is a fantastic boat, the mid cabin is a bit tight for adults but she really stands out when she is on the water, the fly bridge is much higher than others so really gives a view than not many people get to see.

I would like at least another one but the RC45 seems to be a boat that even I cannot argue with at the moment!

Hi Andy, the RC45 has been really popular, but has not slowed the development down..   Although we love the boats, we are a little surprised at the level of demand but they do tick pretty much all of the boxes!

I must admit I was surprised that booking ten months early still caused a few availability issues for next years on the recent stuff!   Luckilly we got squeezed in on the dates we needed though.

It must be nice to see their success, and I think it also shows that the train of thought often banded about of everyone wants dual steer tall cruisers in the new luxury bracket is clearly not quite as straight forward as some would have believed.

Look forward to all the differing designs coming out, and especially the 38 foot versions as I think this is a great size for a broads holiday boat

Dan

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well just booked our 2 boats for 2014, bit of a swap round with options, Broadlander was planned for Spring and trusted Melody 4 (5time) for Sept.

We now have Melody for April and Broadway for Sept. I had to get clearance as Kaz like Melody for fishing off the back.

Clive any pics of Broadway yet, I saw part of it in Sept when we were down. What heating does it have.

CLIVE,

I KNOW YOU HAVE A MILLION THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU ARE PRODUCING NEW BOATS BUT CAN I MAKE ONE SMALL SUGGESTION?

WHEN YOU HAVE BUILT MORE THAN ONE IN A CLASS AND GET TO THE STAGE OF ADDING A NUMBER TO THE NAME (I.E. CAROUSEL 3) IS IT POSSIBLE TO PRODUCE THE NUMBER IN THE SAME STYLE AS THE NAME ITSELF?

I HAVE JUST BEEN LOOKING AT A PHOTO OF CAROUSEL 3 AND THE NUMBER 3 LOOKS LIKE IT HAS BEEN SLAPPED ON AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT (IMHO) HOW MUCH BETTER IT WOULD LOOK IF IT WERE IN THE SAME STYLE AS THE NAME, AND PART OF THE NAME RATHER THAN STUCK OUT TO ONE SIDE.

yes, I have to agree with this, the numbers are all in different fonts and randomly stuck on in various places, it is being sorted this winter,

the numbers will not be stainless and wont be after the name though.

On the numbers I saw that some RC45's had the web link across the rear and some didn't.

On the planning side one thing that Carousel was missing was coat hooks and idea place would be near the toilet in galley area rear of cupboard instead of chairs round table to dry,

How bigs the winter list lol

CLIVE,

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.   HOW MANY REAMS OF PAPER DO YOU USE MAKING NOTES OF ALL THE LITTLE JOBS TO BE DONE?

ONE THING I HAVE BEEN PONDERING OVER IS WHY DID "HORIZON" GET REMOVED FROM THE NAME ON THE SIDES OF PEARL HORIZON?  NOW IT JUST SAYS "PEARL" BUT THE FULL NAME APPEARS IN THE BROCHURE.

I KNOW IT 'S BEING A BIT PICKY BUT THESE THINGS PUZZLE ME SOMETIMES.

On the numbers I saw that some RC45's had the web link across the rear and some didn't.

On the planning side one thing that Carousel was missing was coat hooks and idea place would be near the toilet in galley area rear of cupboard instead of chairs round table to dry,

How bigs the winter list lol

Carousel 3 has coats hooks and in exactly the place you suggest :-) having just been on her only a week ago. Maybe the earlier carousels didn't? Only problem with the coat hooks being in the galley is the coats end up smelling of food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oh and I agree with the numbers thing, I did notice carousel 3 was the only one with the number.

Such a minor thing. Also carousel 3 has a different trim colour, same infact as I think moon discovery? Maybe it was because they were built pretty much at the same time? Still it didn't change the experience in anyway :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

"I KNOW IT 'S BEING A BIT PICKY BUT THESE THINGS PUZZLE ME SOMETIMES."

I know where your coming from but I think it's because we have someone who listens and reply's with pro and cons to reasons/points put forward from his customers and were not just a booking number.

yes, I have to agree with this, the numbers are all in different fonts and randomly stuck on in various places, it is being sorted this winter,

the numbers will not be stainless and wont be after the name though.

I have always thought this was a bit unusual.  At one time the numbers used to be after the name across all fleets really, then it seemed that mid nineties everyone grew allergic reactions to this and numbers within a class started to appear only on the back, away from their name.

I notice Faircraft Loynes have put the numbers back after the name now on the side of the boat, which made me much happier!  I guess it is more to help finding the right boat in their yard though?

I never really got the logic to the trend.  Is it thought to be more desirable/exclusive to not be one of six or something, so the fact there is more than one must be disguised a bit?   Is this actually true or just one persons opinion that got adopted and spread across all fleets, or is there some other perceived benefits?

Add me to the it would be nice to have the class number in chrome after the name on the back panel group please! :cool:

Dan

I answer things I can, (cant answer the Pearl question!)

All the Trim should be the same apart from Broadsman 2 which has to have the saloon seating recovered this winter..

Dan, our Horning yard did not have  class numbers they worked on reg numbers.

..Dan, our Horning yard did not have  class numbers they worked on reg numbers.

Errrm, an awful example Mr R... that only survived for forty years!  

I just wondered why yards (mostly) moved away from having the number with the name really

Dan

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure if I have missed something or if I have looked in the wrong place but I can't remember seeing any reports from Clive regarding how the new build programme is going.

The last I remember seeing was way back in November........I feel it is about time I had another fix with a few photos if possible.

Well, here we are, this is the 38foot hull and single level superstructure,

They look very similar to the 45 foot version!

I will try and get a picture of them assembled which should be by the end of the week or Monday...

post-144-0-83145100-1392110784_thumb.jpg

post-144-0-94600800-1392110831_thumb.jpg

post-144-0-54193300-1392110879_thumb.jpg

• Like 3