Coolant Expansion Tank

I am looking for a simple plastic coolant expansion bottle for my boat that has a radiator cap type fitting for the lid, there are many on ebay from cars but nothing that looks like it would be easy to mount to a bulkhead. Could any members suggest where I might be able to find a more marine orientated one, I have tried all the usual norfolk based suppliers websites to no avail!

I only want to fit so I can monitor the coolant level without having to look into the Heat Exchanger and also give the system some expansion space.

Many Thanks

Thanks All

I think the ely one is more for a domestic hot water system but thanks for the input Alan!!

I remember seeing a really simple one somewhere that had a hose connection on the bottom and an overflow connection at the top same as most Heat Exchangers, i just cant remember where I have seen it!! Beta Marine do something similar which is listed on there website but can I find a supplier? I was going to try Ludham Bridge Boatyard but Jasons website seems to be down for some reason so cant email him!

cheers

• Like 2

Hello therealist,

The type you are asking about is just like the one fitted in our engine bay a Birchwood 340AC, it has a bracket for easy fitting with a overflow and bottom outlet with a lift off cap.

I think you need to speak to Jason at Ludham Bridge or Jon at Wayford Marine to see if they could source you one.

Regards

Alan

Hi therealist

Yes, new web site being sorted....another expense! Apologies.... :cry: 

The ideal expansion tank has a Pt No ARH259? It was from a Rover car however, i'm still trying to find some! I actually purchased 6 about 2 years ago (loaned one to a yard to try, never got it back!)  and I can't find the other 5 !!!!

Beta Marine supply one but the kit is quite costly.....I must admit I've looked at the metal ones on ebay in the past, plus also made some stainless steel ones, using a Bowman car type cap.

ASAP supplies did have some in the past but don't believe they supply them anymore??.

for a cheap option a visit to the scrap yard maybe required! cheersbar 

Regards
Jason 

• Like 1