Guide To Norfolk Broads

VetChugger

And your kind of missing the point. Why would anything regarding another poster that is not visible need to be passed around?

I'm not missing the point at all. At not time did Strowager say that he had been told what the IP of the poster was.

Surely, if you have an issue with another forum, the best place to take it up would be on that forum. From your posting history on here, that seems to be the only sort of contribution you wish to make. Attacking one forum by posting on another does the latter no service at all.

• Like 1

Getting back to the topic.

If it was not for being able to hire a Narrow Boat in 1974 for our party of six, I would not be into boating nor would I have introduced so many people to the joys of boating.

We have had canal holidays from that date more so in the last 10 years and we have had a share in our boat on the Norfolk Broads since 2001.

If the 20 year olds are not encouraged to visit the Broads what would become of it when we are longer able to enjoy the Broads?

All the hire companies need to hire out to younger crews in order to try to stay in business.

I would say well done Clive, there is so such thing as bad publicity.

The above is my personal view.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Sorry Jonzo I won't comment in a derogatory manner regarding it again after this post

Paladine, ask and ye shall seek the truth, at least they were correct that the post was made tounge in cheek and nothing else more sinister or malicious than a harmless bit of fun. The rest hmmmm. (And it wasn't me before I get accused!!)

BigDave out

Perhaps it's time that our mods wielded the blue pencil and deleted this thread. It does this forum no favours at all by criticising any other forum management and the individual posts thereon. As far as I can see the issue boils down to a document being released before it was ready. Gets corrected and all is sorted. I am sure that there are those who post on both forums who are convinced that it is simply like a group of mates sitting round a table in a Norfolk pub having a private chat. No it is a global medium visible to million

• Like 1

I quite agree Jonzo. My "blue pencil" remark was to illustrate my belief that forum mods should have total support in ,for want of a better word," censoring" comments that they believe bring the forum, its contributors or any other injured party into disrepute.  The WWW is a powerful tool and is too often used as a powerful weapon.

We see on all forums and this and the NBF are no exception where someone who has had a less than satisfactory customer experience has vented their anger on open forum. There are two sides to every story and proper process to follow to resolve a dispute.   This can be unfairly damaging to a business or an individual.  Forum mods are often accused of censorship and restricting free speech however there is a very fine line between free speech and cyber bullying.    Forum mods are severely lambasted for intervening, but they have a job to do and should be able to do it appropriately without harsh critisism 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback and comments, I am glad we prompted some interesting conversation. ( on purpose or not :naughty:)

so far we have received 3 emails, none complaining about content other than not being relevant to them which is fairly standard for a 'e'shot

I have received 1 personal email  as a 'heads up'

also 2 telephone calls.

there is also the feedback on our facebook page which I am sure everyone will find a good read!

• Like 3