Stag and Hen Boats

Gracie

Apologise if this subject has been done before but wondered if anyone has had experiences with these parties good or bad.

In twenty years of hiring we have never once encountered a problem with these boats, been moored near several over the years and always had a bit of a laugh and banter with them.

I know some people are totally opposed to them and for good reason if they have experienced problems, who can blame them.

About five years ago I helmed an all female party of 6 of us and only one other girl had been on a boat before, I remember laying down a few rules about the do's and don'ts when mooring etc and told them always to be respectful to other boaters, we had a bloody good time and intend doing it again in the future, you have been warned Lol

We used to moor up in out flats and put our heels on to go into the pubs once moored (how blonde is that Lol), we found locals and other boaters to be friendly and helpful and had really great fun.

I don't want to start arguments with for and against, but nice to read other peoples experiences.

Grace

• Like 2

Interesting topic!

As a local - and a boat owner, we have never had an problems with either Stag or Hen parties.

I'm sure that isn't everybodies experience, but we have met them on the water and in some of the pubs and only found them to be out to have a bit of fun. Some of the costumes can be a bit over the top but never offensive and while one or two get a bit worse for wear, there is normally somebody in the party keeping an eye on things.

Keep them coming.

Mike O

• Like 2

We met 8 young lads on a boat out of Stalham a couple of years ago, bumped into them in several locations around the system and they were always polite even when clearly having a good time sampling the local brew.

We saw them again at the end of their holiday at Richo's yard cleaning the boat, decks, windows and all before checking it in.

• Like 3

We have experienced both sides of the story. Like life there is good and bad, sensible and stupid, right and wrong etc. Have no objections to a crowd having a good time with reasonable parameters. It is all about fun at the end of the day

• Like 4

I was approached by 5 ladies who were moored along from me at Sommerleyton on a very windy day. I had been watching them trying - unsuccessfuly - to leave the mooring.

The skipper cooeed me and asked me any idea how to get the boat off the quay.I jokingly said, aye if you buy me a pint at The Waveney in OB tonight lol

Got them all back on board and proceeded to tell them what to do. The girls faces were a picture as they saw their boat move off the quay. I was given a big wave and blown kisses, who needs IBIZA! lol

Oh yes and I did get that pint, but at The Commodore, those girls sure knew how to party !  cheersbar

cheers  Iain.

• Like 4

The only problems I've ever seen were caused by over aggressive boat owners that seem to have forgot they the were young once, if I see a group I usually try to have a little chat with them, and ask the usually how you enjoying it, then if they get a bit out of hand, I'll approach with a smile and ask them politely to keep it down a bit, and find they usually do and will say sorry, last year at Wroxham there was a boatload of drunken young guys that were messing about, the Private guy moored a few boats from us came out swearing and shouting at them, and being young they did it even more, Mr private threatened to punch one guys lights out, just as a guy appeared from inside the boat who must have been 6ft 6in and built like a brickhouse, never seen anyone shut up and disappear so quickly, I went and spoke to them and laughed about it, told them all us privates weren't like that, but if they could keep it down a bit everyone would be happy and they would get left alone, we never heard another word from them, next morning they were asking me the best places with pubs, quite good because I don't drink, I gave them the few I know and off the went with a wave, we saw them a few times during the week, and I found out one was a Doctor, a couple were in Law and most of the other were at Uni or just finished, not Yobs just a group of young guys having a break and a good time, I always say with the right approach and a smile you can calm near any situation :grin:

Frank,,

• Like 9

I generally find them to be a bit of fun. Most are just looking to have a good time & include others in that.

Last year whilst moored up on a wild mooring on the ant we had a stag pirate crew come alongside shouting "prepare to be boarded you scurvy dogs"

I pointed out their boat was called pink champaign & we were never going to surrender to gay pirates after a good laugh they threw us a couple of cans of lager & were on their way.

I find just have fun & treat them with respect & they'll return the favor

• Like 5

The only problems I've ever seen were caused by over aggressive boat owners that seem to have forgot they the were young once, if I see a group I usually try to have a little chat with them, and ask the usually how you enjoying it, then if they get a bit out of hand, I'll approach with a smile and ask them politely to keep it down a bit, and find they usually do   :grin:

Frank,,

Spot on, Frank! (Hic!)......  cheersbar

• Like 1

We did get shouted at once on our hen party,a  lady thought I was going to hit her boat when coming into moor and to be honest I was nowhere near it. We smiled sweetly and offered her a glass of wine, her face was a picture. :naughty:

Grace