Shared ownership of Broad Boats Advice needed

Mandybstorm

Hello Neil & Roy,

I hope the share sale goes through speedly.

Roy can you let me know the outcome and whats weeks you have left, can you send me a PM with your full contact details, I was speaking with someone this morning regarding shares on the Broads.

I said to the person enquiring that we had none available and that we had a waiting list.

Within 10 minutes I had a phone call from one of our owners who wishes to sell his School Weeks share which is the 19th August this year.

Regards

Alan

Hi neil, on the broads at the moment, we are going to try and look round ms on saturday after we hand our boat over. Been looking out for her out and about but no luck. Saw lightening shadow and ranworth breeze. It is almost a 5 hour journey for us so really would like a look before we head home.

Talked it over and it is something we are both interested in doing.

• Like 1

Hello Mandy,

If you are still on the Broads it maybe an idea to call in at Brooms & Faircraft to see if any of the Syndicate Boats that are moored at these two locations are currently moored up, I am sure that at Brooms they would let you look at the boats, just call into the Receptions and enquire. If you see Ranworth Breeze I am sure that James who is currently aboard would let you have a look around, shoes off of course.

Regards

Alan :wave

• Like 1

Hello Mandy,

If you are still on the Broads it maybe an idea to call in at Brooms & Faircraft to see if any of the Syndicate Boats that are moored at these two locations are currently moored up, I am sure that at Brooms they would let you look at the boats, just call into the Receptions and enquire. If you see Ranworth Breeze I am sure that James who is currently aboard would let you have a look around, shoes off of course.

Regards

Alan :wave

Yes, Alan is spot on.

When we were on holiday, we were moored in one of the Brundall yards and walked round just to look at them from the outside. We were invited to have a look over them, so took them up on their offer.

As for me, i can now officially announce that we are afloat at last.

We`ve bought a share in Lightning, and will be on her for what i`m hoping will be a meet at the Coldham hall in early October.

WWEEEEEEEEE afloat at last.

Regards to all ......................... Neil.

• Like 3

Congratulations neil! Both thunder and lightening are moored up opposite to us at the moment! We are at oulton broad. It was so sunny yesterday we look like a couple of beetroots. Damp and drizzly this morning though. Mind you it is only 7, rudely awaken by the dogs needing their morning constituitional.

Thanks Matt

You never know, we may be cruising in a Thunder and Lightning convoy one day, and i don`t mean the weather either?.

Unless you like school holiday weeks it will be unlikely and given the choice I would not have them!!!

• Like 2

Yes, Alan is spot on.

As for me, i can now officially announce that we are afloat at last.

We`ve bought a share in Lightning, and will be on her for what i`m hoping will be a meet at the Coldham hall in early October.

WWEEEEEEEEE afloat at last.

Regards to all ......................... Neil.

Great news, Neil!!

Our very best wishes in your new venture.

• Like 1

Thanks John.

While it`s true i could have bought a boat of my own, we worked it out that the realistic MINIMUM annual running costs to keep even a small boat, such as a Hampton, or DC30 etc would be at least £3,500 per year, and that`s without costs for holidays, such as fuel, gas etc, which we considered we could`nt justify, especially when you consider we would only be able to use for a maximum 4 weeks per year, and more likely, only 3 weeks per year, so syndicate ownership was the way to go.

Regards to all ........................ Neil.

• Like 1

we have a boat on our yard its a seamaster 30 with new interior two bogs and central heating was ex fleet so built strong 

windescreen does come down new hood too so ready to go 

all she needs is four / five people to buy it share it i will help run it from my yard cover break dunes, repairs etc as we do for several boots already 

she is for sale but would make ideal share boat  she is for sale for 22k 

what a cheap way to won a boat 

she is liftd every year has a current survey etc and full boat safety etc etc 

lets see a sum of 5k buys yer the boat then a yearly small shared running fee, tax ,ins moorings etc

worth a thourght  only as it was a superb letter when it was a fleet boat , been privaet for a few yrs now 

she is in very good order and well maintained too with extra batts and hot water ,heating and twin charge set up etc so equipped for the letting sector

we also have a arftcockpit boat to thats fitts the same bill and is fitted out accordingly too

we are willing to help .................................

is that me add out orf the way .....!!!!!....................................

5 k and own boat blimmey cheap ole dela i reckon ............................

• Like 1

ohhh sorry, these boat are not owned by us they are up for sale and would tick the box for four to own as they are built for fleet use and set up for long lets big tnaks and extra batts etc etc 

sorry did,nt want to hog thread no seem to run and add .,but i did ......!!!!!

so private use and shared ownership not let out .....................

• 1 month later...