Broads behaviour

Janice

..........Strowager you are very lucky if you've never witnessed this sort of behaviour in the high street it goes on all the time in town centres,....

That's  even more depressing then,

....the belief that it's becoming acceptable behavior in a civilized country.

Strowager! in no way is it acceptable because most of us old farts here were bought up to respect others, but we are talking a new generation here and it scares the crap out of me that these are our future, if I spoke to my parents the way my grandkids speak to theirs I'd have been battered, somewhere along the line with all these so called do-gooders respect seems to have been lost, not all todays youths are like it but I see it getting worse every day, even now my 40 year old daughter won't swear in front of me, she learnt at an early age how far she could push Judi, but she also learnt that if I stepped in she was in trouble and if I said something I meant it, I have never had to smack her just one of my looks was enough, and I'd pull her up if she didn't say please and thank you, I taught her manners and respect, even though I can sometimes lack that myself, as the old man taught me, "respect has to be earned" and his most famous one! "you do as I say not what I do"  but hey! respect is a whole different debate and probably one that could get pretty heated,

Jan! I'm on the boat Tuesday working, but have your zoom lens ready, if I get time I'll cruise past Jons and wave my willie at you,, :dance:norty: :norty: 

I was going to say past on my Hampton 25, it just sounded rude in the same sentance :naughty: :naughty:

• Like 1

Frank, I could not agree more in what you have said about respect, or rather the lack of it, but it is 2014 and no matter what we say, sadly, the modern generation want everything, yesterday, and as for please and thank you, aye right!,Not!

Official paid up members of the old farts brigade. :naughty:

cheers Iain.

We will be doing the same Frank on Wednesday ... not flashing just proudly displaying our forum flag that's up our pole.

Not sure if they are going to let us Moor on the BA 24hr moorings opposite HW but being moored in the marina shouldn't be a problem.

Do hope she has got £1 for her trolley when she does her shop in lathams lol.

Nah! she's buggered Steve, I hear them Royals don't carry money, bet if she did she'd be going for all those BOGOFF deals, I don't know how she'll pay for her Burger from the van? I don't think he will get the Royal seal of approval if he gives her a freeby, what's she doing there anyway opening Lathams new tackle shop???

I think she is opening something at HW then off to How Hill .... did notice all the Norfolk flags were flying on the poles at the riverside bungalows when we returned to the marina yesterday afternoon.

Maybe something to do with one of their new boats at HWs or then again she may even be having breckie at the Broadshaven.

I think Lathams have a few specials on this week so that could be why she's here, and Waterside have a few nice little boats in, hope she doesn't use the Chippy there last time I used it, it was dire, shame because it used to be really good,

I bet they don't do it Wednesday when princess Anne is about on the rivers.... they'd be put in the tower.

Don't you believe it, they probably won't even know who she is doh!!!

Anyway you seem pretty excited about Princess Anne visiting the Broads Steve, hope your going to behave yourself and don't forget to curtsy..... Hope you've been practising.

You could have started another topic re the Princess's visit instead of hijacking my thread, aye ye pirate you!

Jan

Jan! you'll get used to it here! there are very few post that actually stay on topic here, we are too lazy to start our own so just hijack each others, you get a lot of "now where did I see that" here and because most of us here are old farts it helps us pass the time searching for things, right back on topic! aw bugger! I can't remember what it was now, :wacko:

• Like 1

Magic sponges Janice ..... There so last week !!!

Ah yes, but you are the one who promoted them.

I have a selection of them now ready to try our on the boats next time at the Broads.

Now you've let everyone else into the secret of a clean boat, or was that the plan?

Don't you believe it, they probably won't even know who she is doh!!!

Anyway you seem pretty excited about Princess Anne visiting the Broads Steve, hope your going to behave yourself and don't forget to curtsy..... Hope you've been practising.

You could have started another topic re the Princess's visit instead of hijacking my thread, aye ye pirate you!

Jan