perhaps i should try again.......

watershed

Hi to you all,a bit of info about me.

New to this forum but not boats,The Broads or Norfolk.

Part of my childhood was spent in Norfolk,my parents ran the village shop in North Elmham for a while and we later moved to Terrington St Clements,I've been in love with the area ever since.

On family holidays over the years,the highlight has always been a days boating.3 years to celebrate my (cough)the birthday we hired Broad land Saturn for a week and had a fantastic time.Even got across Breydon water,no problem!

I'm currently rebuilding a 1963 20' yacht which I'm hoping to bring up from Essex next year,maybe permanently.

Please be gentle with me!

• Like 5

Hi watershed, and welcome from me. Nice photo of your boat. I feel I might have seen her before somewhere. Was the picture taken in Heybridge?

I digress a little now, but in another life many years ago I used to call on  the County Arms at Terrington St Clements. Not long ago on my way back from Norfolk I decided to detour, and call in for a drink. Surprise surprise! the pub was a house, and the car park a housing development! Nothing stands still does it.  Its an age thing!!

Anyway do enjoy the project, and perhaps we will see you on the water someday. I hope you let us know how you are getting on with the restoration of the yacht.

Maurice

• Like 2

Ebbtide,yes,Heybridge indeed.

I don't remember the pub,i was too young to frequent such establishments.we lived in a big old place called 'Moat House' on one of the roads(memory fails me on that name) leading into the village.Went past a few years back and it looked like it was being developed, so it may or may not be there now.

Jaws Orca,glad you're still enjoying the blog. I was going to keep the same user name here,but couldn't remember password. The mods kindly sorted a new one for me but I'm quite attached to "watershed' now!

How's the Sabre coming along? Quicker than 'seal' i imagine?

• Like 1

Your new berth there looks a bit better! The sabre is coming on OK.. although we found a big hole in the bottom so a bit of time is being wasted on fixing that at the moment.. but it's still 7 day weeks at the moment.. hoping to be done for December :) Don't rush seal though.. enjoy the ride.. you will get there ;)