Philae Landing

Polly

It was really interesting. There was a live link to the team in Germany, and a panel of people involved in the lecture theatre, briefing and answering questions. It was genuinely exciting when the moment came and landing had occurred.

The OU have had a team on the geology and organic material research of this project for decades.

Tim, you might have loved the cartoon they showed of how the orbiter and lander approached the comet; informative and very funny.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=trljrwTbr4w

Of course we now know the anchoring devices haven't fired...

I did tell them to take a couple of Mud Weights but they didn't listen!, one thing that gave me a chuckle was in an interview someone questioned the technology being ten years old and outdated, the techie replied that the old technology was better built and more stable than todays, all the proof I needed to convince me we now live in disposable society, and is why everything I own breaks one day after the warranty runs out,,,

Frank,,,,,