Were the Victorians right?

JennyMorgan

EelFishing.jpg

The above pictures shows women catching the ingredients for a meal, presumably for their menfolk. Nowadays we are far more likely to see the men doing the catching, very often perched up on mini scaffold towers or asleep in little green tents, Either way, where were the menfolk whilst their women were out eel fishing? In the pub or out sailing, as they ought to be? Things just aren't what they used to be. 

• Like 2

Unreconstructed as you are :) I would hope you would send the ladies out in clothes less likely to drown them if they fell in? ;)

One wife, four daughters, five granddaughters, one mother, one mother-in-law, two grandmothers, one queen, one female prime minister later I wouldn't dream of telling a lady what to wear!

• Like 1

One wife, four daughters, five granddaughters, one mother, one mother-in-law, two grandmothers, one queen, one female prime minister later I wouldn't dream of telling a lady what to wear!

With that list JM, the only thing missing is a partridge in a pear tree! :naughty:

xmas6 Iain.