cruiser

Guest sirdar

Jill...You are really pulling them out of a hat now...re Wards :clap

That was very good but I have to apologise...I thought that "Seahawk" was built in 1927 but if the business wasn't started untill 1929 and she was a self build my info appears to be a few years adrift...

Once again...many thanks for your valuable info...priceless

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jill...

Superb bit of detective work and your memories of these wonderful old boats has certainly added to the history of them...from being sold I knew nothing of their whereabouts so your delving for me has certainly come up trumps... cheers

Here is a pic of 'Broadlander 3' on the yard c1967 during her earning years...post-499-13671356912_thumb.jpg

All the Best

Terry :Stinky

watching this thread unfold encouraged me to start a group on flickr to see what came up.

the group is called "boats of the norfolk broads" and its growing nicely.

please feel free to add any pictures or information you all have.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1180476@N23/pool/

the group is for all types and sizes of boats.

modern boats can easily be sold off the broads and all trace lost to, as many have.

jill

No problem...More to come as soon as I can get them sorted...

It's good to be able to share with others rather than have them hidden away for years in a draw/cupboard...That way we all benefit from each others observations...past and present

Anything to do with this subject keeps me amused for hours/days.....you get the picture........... :lol:

Terry cheers

Hi Jill.....I'm speechless.... and loving it :kiss

Wherever do you keep getting these pictures from of my old favourite BL 3....To have after all this time, some memorable photo's of her that you have been kind enough to share with us I cannnot find the right words to thank you enough....

To most members I appreciate she is just another hireboat that plyed her trade for 20 or so years to be sold on into private ownership....and hopefully she may still be around somewhere....Who knows ??

But for me it certainly brings back wonderful memories of the hours spent with her and the countless weeks of holiday that we enjoyed as a family on her....and she never let us down once :clap

Having covered all of the Broads that it was possible to do (more than once) with a 42 x 11ft cruiser she certainly was one of the very best IMHO

Thanks once again for your detective work in putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with these....just a shame about the 'blue' bit.... :lol:

Best regards

Terry :Stinky

hi barry

that would be great.

im not really up on the flickrisms either :grin: but im sure we will survive :lol:

it just occured to me that it could be a really handy tool to fill in some of the boaty info gaps.

im still not sure how to move any of my pictures over here from it but i think it can be done.

perhaps i could start a thread with tips on how to use it, as i find out more.

with the screen shot method of tips i find it easier to follow than writen instructions.

jill cheers

Great pictures Jill,

it is good to see that there is a possibility of another still being with us, I have been told that there was a 42 footer called 'Roma' moored at Alpha Craft in Brundall but I have not followed this up yet.

cheers.

i have a picture of roama taken some years back clive, pre 2000

it was owned by a lovely old chap called tony who used to frequent the jaz sceen and played an instrument, he also

was a boat builder and well known around brundall and harbour cruisers and busters yard.

i only have two pictures so it may take a while to track them down.

jill

Hi Terry glad I havn't completely lost it. I havn't seen a Star Magna for years I thought they were all gone, quite a good looking boat I thought, just needs to have the cabin sides back to varnish, I really cannot see the point of painting them, one still has to repaint every other year.

Hi Jill

looking at each section of the boat IE bow stern midships.

the bow looks like an Aston the midships a Powles & the stern a Bourne

but a realy nice boat

P.S i wounder if the hull is an Aston hull

Hi Terry glad I havn't completely lost it. I havn't seen a Star Magna for years I thought they were all gone, quite a good looking boat I thought, just needs to have the cabin sides back to varnish, I really cannot see the point of painting them, one still has to repaint every other year.

problem is (as I am sure I dont really need to tell you Barry) that once the water gets into the mahogany it goes black and you cant get it out so paint is the best option.

Hi Jill

just looking back at those Photo's

there were two that were moored at Brundall on the bell marina side of where me & Simon use to be moored one was all done up now in a nice green color & the other one was being worked on i dont know if its still there but they did stand out.

looks a good recon task :grin::grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice sliceice slice