cruiser

Guest sirdar

Nice one Clive... :clap

Yes, "Rushleen" did go away so to speak for a few years to the Bristol area I'm lead to believe, returning to Norfolk latter part of 2006 if info I have is correct. The last time I saw her was at the end of last year (Wayford Bridge) at Lee and JJ's on the hard standing. I regret, looking very sorry for herself, particularly under the waterline. I think I have a pic or two somewhere...will have to look them out.

My pic collection is very similar to your "Loft"...needs some sorting...I will get round to it one day :lol::lol:

You lot are good. Very good.

Rushleen.

Heres an easy one for you...................................................................................................................... What colour is the bootline on this ex beauty!! ha ha

And who built her?

Regards Steve

Yes Ian you could well be on the mark there with "Rushleen" ...Didn't see the E-Bay listing myself but it would have been October when I saw her and she was looking very poorly

Such a shame if yet another classic could not be saved...She looked in good nick 2yrs ago

cheers...Terry

Steve...Thinking caps on for this one...Feel I should know it :idea:

Would I be right in thinking that the Black Hulled Gunboat that you posted earlier has claimed a victim two guns

Going into the "Thinktank" ...I may be some while :lol:

See I knew Id have to get devious to catch a man of your calibre on the backfoot. Bet you get it though Terry. Have you pegged as a man that really knows his classic Broads boats

Regards Steve

I saw her on the Waveny last October I did not take a second look as I thought she was fiberglass!

I think her name is 'No pekin' and her bootline is black :grin:

Rushleen was taken from Wayford to Horning for a quote and then took back ;) I do not know wether a start has been made..

15 odd years ago she was getting in a state, we bought her,one of our blokes (Gerry Thrower) put some planks in her and we sold her on again, she was still blue then.

Hi Clive

If that was Rushleen then this was Caroleen. Found this pic somewhere in the net. She was being used as a liveaboard a few years back.

cheers Steve.

The sunken boat was not fibreglass. She was wood. Heres a clue for you and Terry. All of this yards cruisers were painted in the same "House" colours. Quite unusual for the time. ps her bootline is a sort of muddy brown now!!!!

Steve

Hi Terry.

Well done Foxglove from Easticks. Ill have to get a think tank like yours!!

Now try this........................... Not the Royal................ Whats that in the foreground ha ha

cheers steve

Hi Steve.

Going straight in at the deep end this time....Windboats...TRADEWIND class

I knew the Back-End of the sunken jobby was familiar and when you gave the clue of the "House" colours it clicked.

I believe if my memory serves me right her name was "Kingfisher" whilst in private ownership. I only wish it were traceable back to her Hirefleet Days. As there were 10 in the class I feel it could obviously be "Perm any one from ten"

All the Best...Terry

Hi Steve and all,

Elusive has been on the broads, as far as I am aware, for most of her life. I owned her for a couple of years around 2003, a friend owned her for a number of years prior to that, and a member of the Yare Valley Sailing club for many years before that, so I don't think she is the boat you are referring to. I enclose a pic during my ownership, with a new integral topsail rig replacing the original gunter rig. This did not prove particularly successful so I changed it again to a conventional gaff rig.

Moving on to the cruisers, can anyone identify the pic of the varnished cruiser I took a number of years ago at the end of Womack, looks very much Banhams to me? :?

And lastly, Rushleen, I looked over her a few months ago, and she will need considerable work to sort her out properly, but in my opinion well worth it. If you look closely enough from the stern she has twisted and that would need addressing before ploughing on with new ribs and planks.

cheersbar

Mat

post-352-136713484555_thumb.jpg

Hi Mat.

Must mean "Alf's" boat is a completely different one. Cambrige Sailing Club of wich HB was president still shows Elusive being kept there in 2005. Oh well back to the drawing board.ha ha .

Nice pic of the saily.

cheers Steve

Well done Terry

Very strange window design. Thought that might give it away. Your to good. I should have cropped into a single knot on the frame but I bet you would still have got it!!

cheers Steve

One of the ones I was sure to get the Seacrete Tradewind and you post it when I have been in bed for two hours.

Mat I suspect you are right about it being a Banham I don't know much about them but the only Broads boats I know with those high curved foredecks are A.G.Ward boats and it certainly is not one of them.

Going back to Brooms, the two commanders from the Thames. Snowgoose of Breydon and Tonga. Tonga I certainly remember on the Broads

Edit to say on reflection Snowgoose is a Captain I think.

post-133-136713484881_thumb.jpg

post-133-136713484888_thumb.jpg

Hi all

Not my photo but..... Another classic Broom festering gently on the Great Ouse Cam last year. Seems like the elephants graveyard. All old Brooms seem to go to the Great Ouse to die. Shame must have been somones pride and joy once

regards Steve

Sorry bout missing you with the Tradewind Springsong. When I post another Windboat Ill POST IT VERY LOUDLY In case like I do sometimes your grabbing a NASA POWERNAP.ha ha

Here you go.Lifted this from the ad last year. One of George Forembys Windboats. Lady Beryl.

Regards Steve

Hi Steve

I suppose if you're going to use her in the Solent you're going to need that kind of power. I was told back in the eighties that A.V.Roe of aircraft fame had a twin screw one built which he kept in Southampton, but I wonder if that was something bigger.

If we are going to have bits of boats try this one, the aft cockpit boat that is from August 1963 at of course Ranworth, before it became a dinghy/yacht dyke.

post-133-136713485186_thumb.jpg

Dead right Barry. thats why I cropped it so you could only see windows. Being the Windboat expert you are I knew youd get it.

Stern cockpit......... Not sure.... something by Sabberton? probarbly miles out . Which is where Id like to be now. Say the centre os Salhouse. As Ive just been told that before I go to my sons to fit his vertical blinds we are off to Tesco. Deep joy!!!

regards Steve

Hi Barry....You certainly know your Windboats. :clap

There were 2 I had in mind as ex Hirefleet that I considered possible - APRIL TIME of Little Ships and VELETA of A.J Yaxley being what I would call the odd ones out. Then again I believe a number were built and sold as Private ownerships only.

So bearing that in mind and the fact that the windows threw me, I couldn't be sure, although the flag I think is a VWBA one and would point to VELETA as she is a registered member No 558. I can't recall those windows though :?

Ref the transom/cockpit shot at Ranworth there are a few of similar lines but as it appears that one of the rubbers dosn't run completely to the transom I'll go with a "CHALLENGER" of A.D Truman Oulton Broad.

All the Best...Terry