Just my luck!

littlesprite

The sun is shinning brightly in the sky, temperatures soaring and I'm left without a boat.

I haven't sold the boat, oh no, it has however been high jacked and is being held for ransom by that infamous pirate Long Jon Silver of Wayford, (you may have noticed him limping around on one leg of late)

My first thought was to get the Queens own to hunt him down without mercy and recover my pride and joy, however, on reflection it appears he has Royall connections and operates above the law.

I have now agreed a secret meeting in that smugglers den (Wayford Inn) in a couple of weeks to hand over a wodge of doubloons  in the hope of getting littlesprite freed.

In the mean time it's back to the gardening.

• Like 6

I know Norfolk is a bit of a backwater Martin, but, doubloons for payment. Will that bloke at Wayford accept such payment? I would have thought it would be pieces of silver or gold dust! :naughty:  Oh, don't forget to take bird food, to feed the yard parrot! :norty:

As for gardening, I leave SWMBO to do such duties! :dance

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Hi Iain,

A farthing would buy one black jack or a fruit salard back in the day (well I remember them 4 for a penny)

You will be telling us you were around when the two penny peice was in circulation.

I have one in a box somewhere safe! together with a George 3 penny dated somewhere in the late 1790's.

http://www.living-in-the-past.com/cartwheels.html

Regards

Alan

Oh am not going back to my mud hut in Jurassic Park, Grace, the natives are b*****y dangerous there, and that was just Alan R/B. The king bee there was an Archiologist by the name of Timbo, he and a creature called Uncle Albert that lived with him! :naughty: He may have a few pics for you in 3D though!

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

arghh me ship mates, I have been on the open sea scouring the broads for lost souls and pillaging to be dunn err a booots toooo

up set one orf too the loclas and the river rossers too and some wafis

so covered most today ..!!

I have collect a gold bounty today so not been near a phunn and it was great

boots to held till the gold doubloon is in me hands .....

just got back from rescue anther in distress with no maiden on board only some dodgey bloke for m the the place they call the smoke !!!!!

so put him to good use and set him a on a fair coarse to wayford  while I tend to the rigging on the ship ,mast alower for the rougth ole ludom brige thang

then stady as she goos to neatihead to rob another while we are in the mood

so then we are two ole bootos and lost ne temp catptain got  called back the smoke for a dia family emergency.......

so rest of trip on me own and now on mke ole hum shores I am ..arghhhhhh

happy boating ..!!!

remember keep a look out for them ole wooolie hats ,  thar gold yer know

• Like 4