Roadwork delays A47 weekends

Siddy

Thanks Siddy for the update. I will set Tom Tom when I am leaving Sainsbury's at Kings Lynn on the Monday morning. -staying at the Premier Inn at KL - It should if its behaving itself inform me about all roadworks in the area. Not done the routte Mike mentioned since I think 1977! 

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Well, according to R. Norfolk this morning (Sunday 19th) the A47 re opened last evening at 10.00pm, although scheduled to remain closed until Monday at 6.00 am.

People make plans, and these cowboys inconvenience them,.

The effect on businesses in Gt Yarmouth etc must be harsh, when it need not have been!!

Parties in beer making establishments come to mind! :angry:

• Like 1

My dear Poppy. Your disparaging comments concerning the "day glow" Fusileers are not helpful.

It is a wondress thing, this bridge. Not exactly an Angel of the North, however, a suitable structure to perhaps welcome those who pass under it that they have entered a National Park. (which of course they haven't).

This brings me very nicely to question where this bridge actually goes too. Postwick marsh?

Is their something we don't know about?

Bit like our National Park in some ways.

To be fair though Poppy, they have to allow for the worse case scenario, and then achieve it within that time, rather than exceeding the deadline.

A very large lift like this is so dependent on the weather and other unknowns.

Wind and rain can be so unpredictable at this time of year, and the schedule has to be planned weeks or months in advance.

This brings me very nicely to question where this bridge actually goes too. Postwick marsh?

Is their something we don't know about?.....

It's the connection point for the "Norwich Northern Distributor Road", that was publicised about a year ago.

It runs from Postwick around the top of Norwich, but won't quite link back to the A47 westwards, so it won't quite be a "ring" road.....

http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/travel_and_transport/major_projects_and_improvement_plans/norwich/northern_distributor_road/index.htm

Well, according to R. Norfolk this morning (Sunday 19th) the A47 re opened last evening at 10.00pm, although scheduled to remain closed until Monday at 6.00 am.

People make plans, and these cowboys inconvenience them,.

The effect on businesses in Gt Yarmouth etc must be harsh, when it need not have been!!

Parties in beer making establishments come to mind! :angry:

To use Griff's parting expression on his profile....Typical just typical!!! Grrrrrrrrr! <<<Thats mine!

cheers Iain

It's the connection point for the "Norwich Northern Distributor Road", that was publicised about a year ago.

It runs from Postwick around the top of Norwich, but won't quite link back to the A47 westwards, so it won't quite be a "ring" road.....

http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/travel_and_transport/major_projects_and_improvement_plans/norwich/northern_distributor_road/index.htm

For which planning consent has yet to be granted........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone traveling along the A47 to the Broads in the next couple of weeks Fish1 .

See the message below from the EDP :shocked .

A third weekend of road closures at Postwick is planned from Friday, May 8 to Monday, May 11 to complete the bridge work.

Norfolk County Council bosses have reserved a fourth weekend for possible road closures in case work overruns and extra time is needed.

This is from Friday, May 15 to Monday, May 18.

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

We traveled down last weekend and had no problem getting to Brundall. Detour was in operation but there were no tailbacks.or holdups. this was just before 12 o clock lunchtime.

Think it would be worse through the week at peak times.

David

Ps. We had no problems on the A1 either

• Like 1