Keep dogs on leads, please.

JennyMorgan

I understand your stance completely Iain but I would ask you to give consideration to my final contribution as it may interest others.

I also understand if you consider it to be prudent to take action

To enlighten you further Dajen a meeting was held at Ranworth with a representative of the Broads Authority only the other day to discuss this very problem. One of the suggestions put forward was to have a small fence erected to keep dogs out. This was dismissed by the Authority on the grounds of cost. I was not privy to the final outcome.

With regard to photographs being taken by the shop owner and his staff is hardly a satisfactory solution. After all he has a living to make and is not the local dog warden.

As this conversation is rapidly becoming somewhat infantile I think that I will bow out and leave others to draw their own conclusions.

OK, me for my part IMHO and all the other things we say when giving our views, will chuck my little oar in here.

I think both sides have been somewhat overstated. Yes there are irresponsible owners who let their dogs go where they want and some will water mooring lines and leave little parcels, however my experience tells me that it's not really to the level suggested.

I do agree that Ranworth staithe with it's green is frequently abused by a few doggy owners, and that for whatever reason the "fixed penalty" is rarely enforced. I look very carefully where I walk when I'm in that area.

The same problem seems far less on Ranworth Island, which is to me indicative of it being dog walkers rather than boaters responsible.

Sorry Mods, I was typing when your posts were added.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It is interesting to note that Woodbastwick Parish Council, incorporating Ranworth and Panxworth stated in their minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 13th May, under Environmental matters that: there is now an issue with dog mess at the Staithe. The Broads Authority have been informed. 

The Agenda for the Parish meeting held on the 3rd June states that under Environmental \matters the issue of Dog mess and litter at Ranworth Staithe will be discussed.

It is my understanding that a number of options are being considered with regard to the former which will published in minutes in due course.

• Like 1

It is interesting to note that Woodbastwick Parish Council, incorporating Ranworth and Panxworth stated in their minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 13th May, under Environmental matters that: there is now an issue with dog mess at the Staithe. The Broads Authority have been informed. 

The Agenda for the Parish meeting held on the 3rd June states that under Environmental \matters the issue of Dog mess and litter at Ranworth Staithe will be discussed.

It is my understanding that a number of options are being considered with regard to the former which will published in minutes in due course.

Many thanks for that update, let's hope "the Mess" is cleared up to everyones satisfaction, :)

cheers Iain.