Noise ?

RayandCarole

Good morning all

03:00 hrs in Bells at Brundall

Just got to up to use the little boys room and cup of tea and back to bed

Lovely and quiet

Gentle hum of fridge cutting in keeping todays g&t cold

Carole doing her best impression of a double acting doxford marine diesel engine in the starboard bunk

But at the lower limits of audibility the steady thump thump of party music

Sure Brundall pubs Are shut

Is it really the sound from sat night in Norwich or a rave some where

Amazing how sound travels

Well back to sleep just thought I Would share that with you

Night night

cheers

ray & Carole

• Like 2

Sometimes 'new age mariner' boats raft up on Bargate, for example, for a party.

Music noise does travel. A few years ago my daughters held a garden party with the inevitable boom-boom music, one of them is a DJ, a manic night with over four hundred guests, the garden was a sea of little tents! The following day I was talking to a 'copper' who told me that his compatriots had been out during the night trying to locate a rave. Apparently the music could be heard at Beccles, some twelve miles away across the marshes. It didn't actually sound that loud in the garden and none of my neighbours felt the need to complain. That blessed, subsonic boom-boom can certainly travel over marsh & water. Four wheelie bin loads of empties the next morning but apart from that there was no impact or trouble, young folk may be noisy but can also be well behaved, a memorable 18th birthday party! 

• Like 1

That could have been Alan and Dave, they are out on their Boat, probably having far too many beers and trying to fix something that probably don't need fixing on Orca lol

Sounds idyllic Ray & Carole, you can go off some people you know :naughty: try not to drink too many G&T's all that raising a glass will make your arms ache then you won't get any work done, or is that the cunning plan? cheers

Grace

• Like 2

Sorry Grace but you have hit the nail on the head.

Big list of jobs

Get started couple done oh its time to stroll to the pub, couple of pints, stroll back, just have a g&t before continuing the work, another g&t, jobs? I really cant be ar*ed,

Another g&t, time for din dins

Day over

Memo to oneself

Be more focussed tomorrow (not on the g&ts)

cheers

Ray & Carole

• Like 2

Sorry Grace but you have hit the nail on the head.

Big list of jobs

Get started couple done oh its time to stroll to the pub, couple of pints, stroll back, just have a g&t before continuing the work, another g&t, jobs? I really cant be ar*ed,

Another g&t, time for din dins

Day over

Memo to oneself

Be more focussed tomorrow (not on the g&ts)

cheers

Ray & Carole

You could of course Ray vary it a bit and have a Grouse and Ginger Ale with Ice! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

As some of you know I often camp aboard, setting up a tent on my Drascombe. No, not mad, common practice on camping boats! Anyway, no sound insulation whatsoever. I've been woken up in the early hours, especially near Breydon, by the moos of 'meadow ladies', black and white critters with legs at each corner, manufacturers of milk and allegedly a taboo word for sailors. Sometimes it's  lapwings, bitterns and other wildlife. The sound of the countryside and estuaries can be amazingly loud in the early hours.