Indulge me please!

Wonderwall

Thanks Robert.

Alan I have just read your reply above again and just to be clear, sadly it is not my boat, I wish it was !

It is the only remaining Juliette in the Martham fleet and is my favourite hire boat of all time !

Best wishes

Charles

• Like 1

You have all convinced me, it's a must that I go through the wee gap.l'

So, is it take a run at it, pick the centre and foot ( hand) down ?

See you on the other side folks :smile:

So long as it's not the 'dark side'!

Another solution might be to hire from Martham Boats. Not to everyone's taste but they are good people hiring out 'real' boats from a previous age, no whirlpool baths for example!

• Like 2

No white socks though?

Seriously, Wonderwall, it's a different world above that bridge. Not everyone's cup of tea in that it is a far cry from the maddening crowds. I never cease to be fascinated by Hickling & Horsey, I hope that you make it. It really is a magical waterland up there.

Plus 1 to that  cheersbar

My last trip up there was very early in the morning and navigating across Hickling in the dark. Ghosting along looking at he night sky over the glass water and reeds was truly something very special.

So I recommend Hickling broad at night.

Horsey mere is also great and has good showers as well as a windmill!

We did go aground on the way back out. I think we were all of 2" off the marked channel. We did take a cut outside the channel in the main broad without incident but I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are very sure you can get off the putty independently. If you are motoring don't forget you don't have a quant pole where that sailor does...

An update.  

Been up to the end of Waxham Cut on a small motor launch today.  Blanket weed is rampant and dragged on the keel.  In one or two places the cut is down to about 6 foot wide with the overhanging vegetation, and turning in the basin at the end of the dyke is very tight indeed.

On a more positive note, I've also been to Horsey. The NT have refurbished the toilets and showers at Horsey Staithe - they wouldn't look out of place in a posh hotel, very swish.

• Like 1

We have hired Broadway this year hoping that it will be low enough to get through as we have not been under for years when we hired Golden Horizion. If not we will get a day boat but not quite as good as staying for a couple of days on your cruiser

• Like 1